Medical Exam for Canadian Applying for Green Card

hube222

Registered Users (C)
Hi, I am currently in the process of applying for GC - petitioned by spouse in US. I-130 has been approved and awaiting visa package. Q: Am I required to undergo a medical exam? Just wanted to get a head start. Thanks.

Hi, I am currently in the process of applying for GC - petitioned by spouse in US. I-130 has been approved and awaiting visa package. Q: Am I required to undergo a medical exam? Just wanted to get a head start. Thanks.

Yes that is the requirement of Adjustment of status I 485 package

Thanks. It will be CP as I'm still in Canada. I'm assuming I have to wait until closer to the appt date with the consulate?

I'm in Windsor ON. I just checked on the approval doctor's list. There is one in Windsor, they say you need to have written immunization records. ????

Just today we had our interview. Yes, there is a new regulation and you will need a form I-693A filled out by the approved medical facility. If you don't have written evidence of immunizations, you will need a comprehensive blood tests and probably a tetanus shot.:(

If you have your immunizations records since birth, you can save yourself from needles. I needed an MMR shot only when I went for my medical in Toronto in late 2002.

I'm in Windsor ON. I just checked on the approval doctor's list. There is one in Windsor, they say you need to have written immunization records. ????