Tracker: Waiting for Derivative's I-485 Approval

With the new visa bulletin sending shockwaves, I have a question:

Does this visa bulletin affect derivatives petition when primary is approved?
My PD is Apr 2002 and I am approved. Will it affect my wife's petition?

Yes, it will unless she has a visa number in her file already (or will receive it until the end of Sep). USDOS does not issue a new visa# for a case with the PD is not current.

With the new visa bulletin sending shockwaves, I have a question:

Does this visa bulletin affect derivatives petition when primary is approved?
My PD is Apr 2002 and I am approved. Will it affect my wife's petition?

what is a visa number and how do you know if you have one?

Yes, it will unless she has a visa number in her file already (or will receive it until the end of Sep). USDOS does not issue a new visa# for a case with the PD is not current.

The immigration visa number is allocated by USDOS from 140K annual pool of EB visas, based on the visa availability in the category with respect to applicant's country of birth (or country of chargebility) and PD. USCIS requests a visa number for every case to be approved. So if they requsted and received the "number" for you, then they can approve your case even if your PD is not current on the day of approval.
You can call the service center and they might (or might not) provide this information to you. Also you can ask this question at infopass. However, they don't have to disclose this information. Also, they often give contraversal information, so you'd better check it several times before making any assumption/consideration.

what is a visa number and how do you know if you have one?

Last edited by a moderator:
I went to Infopass last week, IO told my spouse namecheck is cleared she didnot knew why TSC holding approval, so she sent email to TSC and asked me to comeback after week. Today I got response from congressman, they say my spouse security checks are not clear. A month ago I received "Addtional Review wait for 6 months" SR response.

Does this mean stuck in name check or any internal security check. Also if spouse last name is different, does this cause delay?

for those who contact the TSC and request the SR may I know what kind of service request that they generate ? is it for name check ?

Have you been to the local office again already to follow up?

I went to Infopass last week, IO told my spouse namecheck is cleared she didnot knew why TSC holding approval, so she sent email to TSC and asked me to comeback after week. Today I got response from congressman, they say my spouse security checks are not clear. A month ago I received "Addtional Review wait for 6 months" SR response.

Does this mean stuck in name check or any internal security check. Also if spouse last name is different, does this cause delay?

The way Spouse case got approved?

for those who contact the TSC and request the SR may I know what kind of service request that they generate ? is it for name check ?

Katrina,
I see that your spouse got approval after your approval. Did you make a call to USCIS or any other followup after the approval of your case or did it get approve on it's own! Any information will be appreciated.

Guys please count me in...

My Spouse's case is pending and there were no developments / LUD's after 07/07/07.

Security and namechecks are all clear as per USCIS IO.

I am worried because as per the Oct bulletin the dates have been moved back. Hope it will that affect us.

I tried to add the details to the spreasdsheet but unsuccessful in updating it.

PD - Feb 2002
I 485 RD - Sept 2004
FP1 (CODE 3) - April 2005
FP2 (CODE 1) - 07/31/2007
LUD on 07/07/07, 08/30/07 without any message change.
Card Production ordered email - 08/31/07 4:30PM
Plastic Card received - 09/10/07

Spouse details:

PD - Feb 2002
I 485 RD - Sept 2004
FP1 (CODE 3) - April 2005
FP2 (CODE 1) - 07/31/2007
LUD on 07/07/07 without any message change.

My husband had his infopass today morning. The officer told him that they dont have any info after march, when the case was transferred to TSC. She said that for any thing after that we should call and ask TSC. When we asked about name check, she said that the security clearance was initiated in Nov 2004 and was pending with the FBI till case transfer to TSC. However, an officer at VSC had told us earlier this year that all our checks were complete.

So..any thoughts?

That's exactly where we are in the process. Its like running from pillar to post. I called TSC and was told to get an Infopass appointment and talk to an IO at local office. At Infopass I was told to talk to TSC.
As far as I know, name check etc is all clear. At infopass, the IO told us "You just have to wait for your turn. please be patient. there is nothing here I can see that will hold up your case". We have initiated an SR, but have not contacted our congressman.

Honestly anya, I don't know what's happening. I think at this rate I will get my citizenship before my spouse gets her GC.

no_idEAS

My spouse went for an info pass, the officer initiated an SR and asked to come back if it is not approved in two weeks

Stillalive,

I haven't visited this site for last one month as I visited India last month.
Happy to note that you approved. Congratulationnnn !
It was one month shifting from my prediction. Any way I am happy for you and good luck for your spouse.
I am still waiting for my younger son. His biometric was not on file as he was well under 14Y at the time of filing and USCIS didn't sent biometric notice.
We had his biometric done on 8/14/07. I got information that his fingerprint approved on 8/15/07 and name check on 8/22/07. Now waiting for his approval.

Thanks khodalmd,

I wanted to thank for your wishes earlier you were not around. Anyway thank you for your wishes.

Summary:
1. I got approved, received Welcome notice and Card:)
2. Son got approved, received Approval notice, but not card :mad:
3. Spouse is pending, no LUD, not progress, stuck in security check :(

Stillalive,

I haven't visited this site for last one month as I visited India last month.
Happy to note that you approved. Congratulationnnn !
It was one month shifting from my prediction. Any way I am happy for you and good luck for your spouse.
I am still waiting for my younger son. His biometric was not on file as he was well under 14Y at the time of filing and USCIS didn't sent biometric notice.
We had his biometric done on 8/14/07. I got information that his fingerprint approved on 8/15/07 and name check on 8/22/07. Now waiting for his approval.

Katrina,
I see that your spouse got approval after your approval. Did you make a call to USCIS or any other followup after the approval of your case or did it get approve on it's own! Any information will be appreciated.

Yes I did make a call immediately after I received my welcome notice from CRIS. At First I call just to double check that my case really approved because I didn't get card production mail nor approval notice mail.
Once the officer answer the call and confirm that my case got approved, I asked him to look at my spouse case (just curious) when he got back and told me that the case is not approve yet he immediately inform me that due to one case got approved and the other is not he will open a service request based on case separation issue.

I didn't aware of that and I'm really glad I called.

I've wait for about 3 weeks to call TSC again just to see if the service request did get generated and it did and the CSR told me to wait at least 45 days before call back. Less than a week after my last call I've got the magic email for my spouse. I hope the card will arrived next week.

For Stillalive, Just to let you know that last name is not matter. My spouse last name is totally different than mine and yet we both got approval.

Wish you receive card soon

Katrina,
Thanks for your reply. I wish that your spouse will receive the card very soon! That means I have to call 800-xxx. Do you remember the dialing sequence order which you used to make the call! If possible, please let me know.
Sarwar

Yes I did make a call immediately after I received my welcome notice from CRIS. At First I call just to double check that my case really approved because I didn't get card production mail nor approval notice mail.
Once the officer answer the call and confirm that my case got approved, I asked him to look at my spouse case (just curious) when he got back and told me that the case is not approve yet he immediately inform me that due to one case got approved and the other is not he will open a service request based on case separation issue.

I didn't aware of that and I'm really glad I called.

I've wait for about 3 weeks to call TSC again just to see if the service request did get generated and it did and the CSR told me to wait at least 45 days before call back. Less than a week after my last called I've got the magic email for my spouse. I hope the card will arrived next week.

For Stillalive, Just to let you know that last name is not matter. My spouse last name is totally different than mine and yet we both got approval.

My 8 year old son's case is also pending

Hi All,

I am mostly a silent visitor of this forum. Our case (mine, spouse and 8 yr old son) was transferred from VSC to TSC on 3/17/07. Me and my spouse's case got approved on 7/17/07 but no news on my son's case. In fact there was not even an LUD after 3/17, the date of the transfer.

Called TSC couple of times - every time they say it should get approved and they are sending a note to the reviewing officer, but no luck yet.

Raised a SR on 7/29, received response on 9/5 saying further review is required.

So not sure whats going on - completely bewildered. :confused: :confused: :confused:

Any suggestions what else to do?