EB1 140 approval revoked!

LUD

Registered Users (C)
I received a letter from USCIS noting that they intend to revoke the approved I-140, and giving me 30 days with which to respond. It does not raise specific points, it basically says that the documentation is lacking. Anyone heard this before?

I received a letter from USCIS noting that they intend to revoke the approved I-140, and giving me 30 days with which to respond. It does not raise specific points, it basically says that the documentation is lacking. Anyone heard this before?

sorry to know about that ... ya we will see lot's of new things from USCIS ... :mad: ...anyway I guess it's a form of RFE/NOID as they never received your supporting documents ... call them ask what's the real matter ... attaching supporting documents to the original e-filed case is now a big hole ! bunch of idiots playing with us ..what to do ? SEND a complete set within 30 days and hope everything will be fine and you will be approved ... good luck buddy

Thanks Pana. Anyone else with suggestions?

When did you file, what category and what did you file; what nationality, when were you approved, do you have your 485 done?

Without specifics, only one thought comes to mind: consider the RFE as if you were applying afresh; elaborate on every piece of evidence you filed and adding others, such that your case becomes overwhelming. Tie it in within an amazing cover letter about how you invented sliced bread. Put everything together as if it were a fresh application...i.e. a comprehensive defence strategy.

My approval came in early May. Indian national. I have not filed for 485.
any suggestions??

My approval came in early May. Indian national. I have not filed for 485.
any suggestions??

What EB1 catagory you applied for? Your application must have gone under -

Quality Assurance Review:
All adjudications at a Service Center undergo a quality assurance review. This review seeks to ensure that the decision made by the officer is correct and complete, that proper procedures have been followed, and that quality standards have been met.

what's the point? he isn't giving enough detail to guess where his pitfall might be.

could be niw which is retrogressed for indians and since no reason not to concurrently file.

Last edited by a moderator:
what's the point? he isn't giving enough detail to guess where his pitfall might be.
exactly .. this pal is asking opinion without any details of his case ! :eek: Why people r so conservative to share their experience ? no point to be here anymore .. good luck anyway !

Post details

Hi LUD
Sorry to learn that even after approval you are getting LUD. But I dont understand what do you mean by "documentation is lacking". If you could post the details of the notice of intend to revoke approval, forum guys might be able to see and suggest things. Without that it is impossible for anyone to give suggestions except to feel sorry for you.

Friends,
I am not trying to withhold any info.
The notice only said "documentation is lacking" nothing else.
This was Eb1 extraordinary ability petition-not the EB2 ( NIW).
As I said earlier-Indian national..retrogressed...but does not matter for EB1...that category was current when my petition was approved. Unfortunately I did not apply for 485 immediately.
Anything else you will like to know?

Anything else you will like to know?

See my earlier post, for what needs to be known before hazarding a guess- the evidence you presented, some idea of the docs you filed etc. Most likely scenario: the initial evaluator just skimmed through your file. Then, the second one crosschecking it, got tough. Now you will need to pad up your evidence well enough.

also wanted to let you guys know that this was a self-petition. no employer involved.

What I would do is assume that you received an RFE asking you to prove, point by point, why you qualify, and respond to that RFE with more letters, evidence, etc plus a strong cover letter to strongly argue why you qualify for EB-1-EA. You can search this forum for examples of such RFEs and how people have responded to them. Good luck.

Revoked EB1

My EB 1 petition was revoked. I am planning to reapply.
Any suggestions? Any recommended cheap attorneys?- I am planning to refile with some minimal additional info.

This is an extremely grave event. Now all of us folks who got their EB1 approved recently will be at their wits end. LUD, why have you not applied for 485 immediately?

This is an extremely grave event. Now all of us folks who got their EB1 approved recently will be at their wits end. LUD, why have you not applied for 485 immediately?
I don't understand how that would have helped in this case? If I-140 is denied then I-485 is denied too. Atleast LUD did not spend money for I-485.
LUD, did you try to send more evidence after they had issued you the NOID? what does the USCIS website say about your case? does it say that the petition has been revoked or it still says approved?

I don't understand how that would have helped in this case? If I-140 is denied then I-485 is denied too. Atleast LUD did not spend money for I-485.
LUD, did you try to send more evidence after they had issued you the NOID? what does the USCIS website say about your case? does it say that the petition has been revoked or it still says approved?

hi eb1-query.. it looks like you have been waiting for almost 6 months since ur i-185. Are you stuck with name check?

I start to worry my case now.
I received the approval for I-140, but there is no LUD for this, and the message in the website still says the response to RFE was received and the case was resumed.
I saw couple of others in the similar situation.
LUD, please tell us did you have "approval notice sent out" message in the USCIS website for your case?
It's the first time I've heard of this EB1A being revoked without any sound reasons.

I start to worry my case now.
I received the approval for I-140, but there is no LUD for this, and the message in the website still says the response to RFE was received and the case was resumed.
I saw couple of others in the similar situation.
LUD, please tell us did you have "approval notice sent out" message in the USCIS website for your case?
It's the first time I've heard of this EB1A being revoked without any sound reasons.

See my signature, got approved on 15th october and lawyer received approval notice 19 October. Still my onlie status shows case received and pending. even my wife's H1B approval came three weeks ago but still online message shows as pending.

My lawyer says don't beleive online status message always. Som IO forgte to update the system when they update our cases.