How old can the reference letters be????

mougc

Registered Users (C)
Hello forum members,
I would really appreciate any insight regarding my situation.

I had filed for EB2-NIW in Nov 2006 and my reference letters were all dated around sep 2006. I had taken two copies of each of the letters at that time. Now I am planning to file for EB1-EA in June 2007. Can I use the same letters dated Sep 2006 or do I need to ask everybody to resend me the reference letters with a current date (June 2006). Please advise.

Thank you very much in advance

Your old letter should be fine as far it does not say EB-2 National interest waiver very explicitly. Also, see if your old letter mentions words needed for EB-1 like outstanding and extraordinary..it might help

It is a good idea to get new letters, not necessarily because of the date, but for 2 different reasons:

1- New letters can explicitly mention the petition you are applying for (i.e. change a few words from the original letters); and
2- For presentation reasons! Many lawyers insist that all letters be originals, with original letterhead paper and original signature, because good presentation counts a lot for the USCIS. Photocopies are not considered good presentation.

Just some thoughts, but in the end its up to you.

color photocopy will help. however, as suggested by our members, it is better to have fresh letters with some powerful words triggering for EB1. extraordinary ability etc.

I used high resolution color scan prints for my EB-1a filed an year after my NIW filing date. Worked !
Hello forum members,
I would really appreciate any insight regarding my situation.

I had filed for EB2-NIW in Nov 2006 and my reference letters were all dated around sep 2006. I had taken two copies of each of the letters at that time. Now I am planning to file for EB1-EA in June 2007. Can I use the same letters dated Sep 2006 or do I need to ask everybody to resend me the reference letters with a current date (June 2006). Please advise.

Thank you very much in advance