NVC says case completed. What does it mean?

It means that NVC has reviewed your file and found it to be complete. Next they will forward it to your consulate (in a week). At that time, the automated message will change to say "your case has been forwarded to ...... consulate for further processing". You (or your agent) will also receive a letter saying that.

Dear Visaapplicant,

You were so right. My case has been forwarded to the consulate in less than a week after it was completed.

Congratulations! What is your consulate? I am assuming that your priority date is current. In that case, consulate should schedule your interview in 2-3 months.

Dear Visaapplicant,

Its Bombay consulate. Yes my PD is current. Does the consulate update the NVC phone system also. My case was sent on 4/10. Thus far no new updates on the phone.

"Case transferred to consulate" is the last update on NVC phone system. The consulate will not update it. Mumbai consulate posts the interview schedule for the next month by the 15th of current month on their website. So you can check that. You will also receive interview letter from consulate about a month in advance of interview.

In my case NVC's automated phone system says my case was completed on 3/29/07. Even today after three weeks, it does not say "Case transferred to Consulate". Does it mean that there is some problem with my case?

what to do next?

same problem here,my pd is current, nvc says case completed, didn't nvc forwarded to embassy or no need to be mentioned by nvc message?does it automatically goes to embassy without mention on nvc message?what to do now?plz help.

It Will Take 3 To 5 Weeks To Transfer The Case From Nvc To Consulate. Dont Worry It Will Happen. Mine Was Same. I Am Having My Interview On May 14 07.

Neither I or my lawyer has recieved any letter stating my case has been sent to the consulate. Its 10 days already since the phone was updated. SHould I be concerned?

Neither I or my lawyer has recieved any letter stating my case has been sent to the consulate. Its 10 days already since the phone was updated. SHould I be concerned?

I don't think so. If you have not noticed by now, it can take upto 2 weeks to receive stuff from NVC after the NVC has updated automated voice system at any stage. Even so you can call NVC and ask when the letter was mailed to you. Plus the letter is for information only, there is nothing for you to send back right away. You can start collecting docs for interview.

My consulate is montreal. Does it matter

It might. Montreal (Canada) and some other consulates (countries) are in the category where you submit all the docs to NVC and NVC schedules the interview for you. Whereas for most other consulates, one submits only I864 and DS230 part 1 to NVC, the consulate schedules the interview and most of the docs are to be taken to consulate at the time of interview.

You can call NVC and check.

I130 approval

"Case transferred to consulate" is the last update on NVC phone system. The consulate will not update it. Mumbai consulate posts the interview schedule for the next month by the 15th of current month on their website. So you can check that. You will also receive interview letter from consulate about a month in advance of interview.

visa applicant, why did approval take long for your case? some people's approval is 3-4 months...thanks

Dear Visaapplicant,

You have been a great help. Thank you so much for guiding us through this. I have applied for PCC and collecting rest of the documents. I will email the consulate in about two weeks to get further updates. Will keep you posted.

very hopeful,
what documents has to be submitted to vfs? do we have to submit all approval notices, w-2's , 941's, pay stubs etc at the time of when we submit papers at vfs or we have to carry them with us at the time of interview? my interview is on 14 may. i am little confused. please state me in clear terms.
thanks in advance.
rbv

RBV,

Are you still in US or in your home country. If you are a Indian citizen, you need to submit documents 10 to 14 working days in advance. PLease reply asap.