I864 Affidavit of Support Simple Question!!

HANULK

As an only joint sponsor, I am filling out the form I-864.
I make enough money to qualify as a sponsor, which means I don't need to include my spouse's income to be qualified. Therefore, I decided to put only the income shown on my W-2.

Now I don't need to attach I-864A with my spouse's W-2, right?

I once filled out this form for my spouse's I-485 about two years ago.
For the income tax returns, we have been filing jointly for the last few years.

The question 25 on I-864, it asks me to put the total income for the last three years for which I filed the tax returns. In 2004 and 2005, my spouse also had some income and included on our tax return. I was confused that if I should put the income on my W-2 or the total income on our jointly filed tax return. or AGI.

Which number should I use? Just my income or total income of both I & my spouse?

Thanks for your help!!

Another Quick Q. I864 has to be notarized?

HANULK said:
As an only joint sponsor, I am filling out the form I-864.
I make enough money to qualify as a sponsor, which means I don't need to include my spouse's income to be qualified. Therefore, I decided to put only the income shown on my W-2.

Now I don't need to attach I-864A with my spouse's W-2, right?

I once filled out this form for my spouse's I-485 about two years ago.
For the income tax returns, we have been filing jointly for the last few years.

The question 25 on I-864, it asks me to put the total income for the last three years for which I filed the tax returns. In 2004 and 2005, my spouse also had some income and included on our tax return. I was confused that if I should put the income on my W-2 or the total income on our jointly filed tax return. or AGI.

Which number should I use? Just my income or total income of both I & my spouse?

Thanks for your help!!

Another Quick Q. I864 has to be notarized?

it has to be notarized and also if joint filling it is better to use I864A I did.

I thought I-864A is to be filled out only when you are including another person's income to meet the requirement. and that person should fill out the form.

What about the total income question I asked? which number I should go with?

I have the same question.

I will be filling out I-864 for my husband who I am sponsoring for GC. I make enough money so that I will not need to include my husband's income in this form (and so he will not need to fill out I-864A).

Now the question is what figure do I put in Q# 25? Because on the federal tax returns, we filled out both our income as the total 'gross income' (as we filed jointly). So this number will be different from the number that i would put in Q# 24.

In brief, Q24 asks for my individual income and Q25 asks for income reported on Federal income tax. So is it ok if these two numbers are different (because I am not filling out I-864A form to show income of the intending immigrant, ie for my husband)

Can someone please clarify this.

Thank you very much

Thanks. However I still have a question about how to fill-out Q24 and Q25. I am pasting my question again below --

I will be filling out I-864 for my husband who I am sponsoring for GC. I make enough money so that I will not need to include my husband's income in this form (and so he will not need to fill out I-864A).

Now the question is what figure do I put in Q# 25? Because on the federal tax returns, we filled out both our income as the total 'gross income' (as we filed jointly). So this number will be different from the number that i would put in Q# 24.

In brief, Q24 asks for my individual income and Q25 asks for income reported on Federal income tax. So is it ok if these two numbers are different (because I am not including my husband's income in Q24 but in Q25, it will get included as we have filed federal income tax jointly)

Can someone please clarify this.

I-864 does NOT need to be notarized.

As for the income - IF the person who filed taxes jointly with you IS the immigrant you are sponsoring, he/she/ does NOT need to fill out I-864A, EVEN if you are using his/her income to meet the guidelines. Come on folks, it's all clearly written right there, on the form. If you don't want to use your sponsored immigrant's income, do not include it in your I-864, - just attach all your W-2's, pay stubs, 1040 and employer letter.

But even if you want to add your sponsored immigrant's income to I-864, you DO NOT NEED I-864A. I-864A is for somebody in your household whose income you wish to use, and who is NOT a sponsored immigrant.

We did it this way with my hubby - we included my income without any I-864A.

HANULK said:
I thought I-864A is to be filled out only when you are including another person's income to meet the requirement. and that person should fill out the form.

What about the total income question I asked? which number I should go with?

You are correct about the I-864A. You use that if you are including another persons income in the household to meet the federal poverty guidelines.

You will need to provide your w-2's along with tax transcripts. The w-2's will verify that your income mets the guideline. The number for line 24 will be different from line 25, just as you say. I believe the directions say that if you filed jointly but are using one persons income to qualify that your w-2's verify your individual income so you are correct. Don't forget your employment letter. You don't have to have the new I-864's notarized.

Make copies of everything!!! I wish you well

I-864 does NOT need to be notarized.

As for the income - IF the person who filed taxes jointly with you IS the immigrant you are sponsoring, he/she/ does NOT need to fill out I-864A, EVEN if you are using his/her income to meet the guidelines. Come on folks, it's all clearly written right there, on the form. If you don't want to use your sponsored immigrant's income, do not include it in your I-864, - just attach all your W-2's, pay stubs, 1040 and employer letter.

But even if you want to add your sponsored immigrant's income to I-864, you DO NOT NEED I-864A. I-864A is for somebody in your household whose income you wish to use, and who is NOT a sponsored immigrant.

We did it this way with my hubby - we included my income without any I-864A.

So did you put your income for the tax year you filed jointly?
Or you put your individual agi form your w2?
Could anyone please replay asap
this is urgent...plzzzzzzzz

TO make my questions more simnple

Tax Year Total Income

2008 ----??----
2007 my w2 agi
2006 my w2 agi

so for 2008, since we jointly filed, do I put my income only? Or do I put the one in tax return which includes both of our salary.
I have not included him in my household salary, as I earn enough to support him.

PLEASE HELP

I 864 joint sponsor questions

My wife and i are financially sponsoring a friend who married an american with no funds. We are both self employed and file a joint tax return.
can anyone advise me on these questions?
Do we each fill out an I864? I believe the answer is yes and if so;

Are we joint sponsor 1 and joint sponsor 2?

Our adjusted gross income is combined. If we put combined income in all financial slots and include a complete copy of our tax returns is that enough?

thank you

PLEASE READ THE INSTRUCTIONS!
In I-864, it asks for your individual income. If one of your individual income is enough - then only one of you need to sign I-864.
Then comes the question of tax return and the AGI - this is where people show if their brains are made of anything of value. The form specifically asks for AGI - AGI is adjusted gross income - it's a CALCULATED amount that you put on your 1040 - it has NO ROOM for your interpretation of AGI or who is sponsoring or how much you made alone. AGI is the amount from your 1040 - doesn't matter if that includes the income of everyone in your neighborhood. If that tax return has your name on it, you just enter the AGI from that tax return in q 25 of I-864.