Orlando, FL - N-400 Timeline

cpDelhi

Registered Users (C)
I have started this thread to monitor the experiences of individuals in Orlando, FL.

----------------------
Service Center: Texas Service Center
DO: Mesquite, TX
Local INS Office: Orlando
Submitted: May 5, 2006
Received: May 8, 2006
Check Cashed: May 10, 2006
NOA Date: June 2nd, 2006
NOA Received: June 9th, 2006
Online "Last updated date":
FP Received: 1 June, 2006
FP Date: 21 June, 2006
Online "Last updated date changed on":
Interview Notice Received: 15 July 2006
Interview Date: 15 August 2006
Oath Notice Received:
Oath Date:

Orlando Timline

N-400 Mailed : 02/21/07
Receipt Received :03/11/07
FP Notice Date : 03/15/07
FP Date : 03/29/03

I don't see anybody from Orlando posting their timeline. Do we have anybody from Orlando on this board? Is yes, please post your details so others can find out about their timeline.
Thanks in advance.

Updates in your case which helps others

Hello, Have you find any updates in your case? Please give us your timeline for Interview dates so we can track ours also.

When (I mean at what stage )does the case transfer from TSC to Orlando DO?

I am waiting for almost 10 months now. Don't know what else I could do.
Anyone in similar situation. Please reply.

N-400 Mailed :08/20/06
Receipt Received :08/24/06
FP Date : 09/15/06

No interview yet.

Orlando

I think as soon as you have done the finger print, they will find out the available date for your interview in Orlando and they will transfer your case. I have heard that whoever applied last year around august got their entire process done within 3 to 4 month. you could check your case with Immegration officer through the appointment in infopass.

Mine is from this year:
PD: 04/25/2007
FP: 05/19/2007

contacting senator/congressman

Can someone tell me the procedure of contacting the senator/congressman
regarding my case? I was not able to get a infopass appointment so far.

My timeline

12-20-05: USCIS received N-400 App
2-16-06: FP
5-12-06: Interview Date
5-8-06: Received letter that my interview has been descheduled due to FBI name check.

Since May 12th, 2006 I have been in touch with my Congressman. I also wrote to Senators, Governor, USCIS national center, and USCIS local office and got the letters from their offices saying that my name check is still pending with FBI. I also tried to contact USCIS customer service and they don’t have any information available and asked me to contact my local USCIS office for assistance. I made several infopass appointments and went to the local USCIS office and they keep telling me that my name check hasn’t been completed. I also wrote to USCIS Ombudsman in April of this year and received a letter that my name check is still pending.
Wrote to FL and VP in June 07. Nothing yet.

Hope that helps.
Any ideas of succesful attorneys of WOM cases in FL?

Re-Fingerprints

Got another call for fingerprints as the first finger prints are more than a year old now.
Second FP Received: 15 Oct, 2007
Second FP Date: 7 Nov, 2007

Got another call for fingerprints as the first finger prints are more than a year old now.
Second FP Received: 15 Oct, 2007
Second FP Date: 7 Nov, 2007

Hi,

are you stuck in name check???
Why you already have interview for one year and still not receive the oath letter?

thanks

Namecheck? How to find out if that 's the case?

Mitilda,

I don't know how to find out if my application is delayed in namecheck? But I do have a name (last name) change. May that's the factor. But does anybody know how to confirm the status/stage of the process. I have gone to local immigration office twice and all they tell me is to wait.

Thanks.

Hi,

are you stuck in name check???
Why you already have interview for one year and still not receive the oath letter?

thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Mitilda,

I don't know how to find out if my application is delayed in namecheck? But I do have a name (last name) change. May that's the factor. But does anybody know how to confirm the status/stage of the process. I have gone to local immigration office twice and all they tell me is to wait.

Thanks.

If you had your interview in 2006 and still haven't heard back from USCIS it is a high probability that you're stuck in name check delay. Have you thought of filing 1447(b) to force USCIS to adjudicate your case?

What is 1447(b)?

Bobsmyth,

I don't know much about filing 1447(b) to force USIS to adjudicate the case. Do you/anybody know in what circumstances this form can be used?

Thanks.

If you had your interview in 2006 and still haven't heard back from USCIS it is a high probability that you're stuck in name check delay. Have you thought of filing 1447(b) to force USCIS to adjudicate your case?

Bobsmyth,

I don't know much about filing 1447(b) to force USIS to adjudicate the case. Do you/anybody know in what circumstances this form can be used?

Thanks.

1447(b) is used as a legal means to force USICS to adjudicate your case after the interview if USCIS has not take action within 120 days. USCIS has been using the "name check" excuse , but courts have not bought this excuse and have forced USCIS to act on cases older than 120 days when 1447(b) is filed (search google for examples and do a search on 1447(b) on this forum.) You may want to contact a good immigration lawyer to file the 1447(b) for you if you don't have the time to invest to do it yourself.

This is the start of the process for US citizenship. I just sent the completed application with the fee today.

N-400 received by Texas Service center today

The texas service center received my N-400 application packet today. Let see how long do they take to open it and when I get the priority date.

If anyone in the Orlando area would like to meet up, we are doing so on 20th Feb 08, for venue just pm me or go to www.expatsvoice.org and check out committee meeting, lets get some immigration reforms for legal immigrants :)

Received the oath letter today. The 'Oath Ceremony' is in the Orlando Convention center on 20 March 2008.

NOA and Fingerprint notification received

NOA (Notice of Action) and Fingerprint notification received today.

Received my IL from TSC

Timeline

N400 Rcvd by TSC = 7/12/07
NOA Rcvd = 8/10/07
Interview Letter Date = 3/12/08
Interview Letter Rcvd = 3/17/08
Interview Date = 5/12/08
Oath Taking =????