• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2007 winners From Nigeria

yes i didn't include my spouse and what i filled was SEPARATED not UNMARRIED.in the original dv form (very 1st one online) it says not to include details about your spouse if you are legally separated. the only place his name came up is on the DS 230 where u are supposed to put the name of your spouse but i didn't include him in list of those that may join me later (we have kids all above 21 yrs). guess u are not from nigeria but here we dont usually go to court to get a letter of separation .what do i do ?

There must be somewhere in the Nigerian constitution where it talks about seperation/divorce issues. U might consult a divorce attorney.

I beg my people wey don dey U.S for a long time...which cable(Dish Network) or National TV station I fit watch CAF CUP OF NATION?

I beg my people wey don dey U.S for a long time...which cable(Dish Network) or National TV station I fit watch CAF CUP OF NATION?

haha. I can't remember the last time i watched soccer on TV since the last 5 yrs. Well, u need to start watching Basketball, baseball and football. hahaha
I actually can't tell ya what channels that u might be able to watch CAF on but if there's any, it would probably cost alot.
U might ask some africans where u are at as they might know.
Start getting used to this place my friend.

likely question?

Please could anybody think of any likely question that they ask artisans{Tailor{fashion designer}i have not read in this thread anything about praticals,please do they conduct any form of praticals as a test for taylors?anybody have an ideal of any likely questions they have asked any fashion designer.also i have not receive my 2nd package.
CN 2008AF00010xxx

hi

yes i didn't include my spouse and what i filled was SEPARATED not UNMARRIED.in the original dv form (very 1st one online) it says not to include details about your spouse if you are legally separated. the only place his name came up is on the DS 230 where u are supposed to put the name of your spouse but i didn't include him in list of those that may join me later (we have kids all above 21 yrs). guess u are not from nigeria but here we dont usually go to court to get a letter of separation .what do i do ?

guess its not a big issue, i know of a lady that was in a similar situation(dv 2006/2007). they told her to fill a form during her interview that her Xhusband will not benefit from her status to be. and they made her swear an oat

hello

Hi everyone.I'm 2007 Dv winner and already in Minnesota.I have an urgent reason to visit Nigeria for my Father's burial.I want to find out if I will have to obtain a transit visa before I can pass through Amsterdam,because I want to use North west/KLM airline and it will stop at Amsterdam before going to Nigeria.I already hold the plastic green card.Pls can somebody put me thru'

you don't need to obtain a transit visa... u will be connecting frm Ams to Nigeria.. u will only need a transit visa if u wish to stay in Ams for a while b4 going to Nigeria.

hi

Please could anybody think of any likely question that they ask artisans{Tailor{fashion designer}i have not read in this thread anything about praticals,please do they conduct any form of praticals as a test for taylors?anybody have an ideal of any likely questions they have asked any fashion designer.also i have not receive my 2nd package.
CN 2008AF00010xxx
I dont think u should focus on d tailor aspect for your interview... as long as u av ur O'levels 5credits at least in 2sittings... u are very ok... cos during my interview there was a fashion designer and she was denied cos she did not go to school at all...and her job did not qualify her despite the fact shes been in d business for a long tym... so try refresh ur memory by studying some of the subjects u did for ur O'levels b4 ur interview

thanks very much for your enlightenment johnkent and aywire,i do have the basic o levels qualification on 2 sittings but with a pass in English language,also please have you heard that they conduct any form of praticals test for fashion designers,and most likely when should i be expecting my 2nd packge,because i have not receive it uptil now,should i mail them for an enquiry?
CN 2008AF00010xxx

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks very much for your enlightenment johnkent and aywire,i do have the basic o levels qualification on 2 sittings but with a pass in English language,also please have you heard that they conduct any form of praticals test for fashion designers,and most likely when should i be expecting my 2nd packge,because i have not receive it uptil now,should i mail them for an enquiry?
CN 2008AF00010xxx

hi

CN 2008AF00010xxx

The pass in English language is ok with 5credits frm other subject.. they don't do practicals.. cos the whole DV thing has change in recent years.... just try read very well like u are reading for waec before you go for your interview... the interview is a basic test of knowledge...try follow the monthly bulletin to know when u are current...and yes u can email KCC for inquiry....

Hi everyone.I'm 2007 Dv winner and already in Minnesota.I have an urgent reason to visit Nigeria for my Father's burial.I want to find out if I will have to obtain a transit visa before I can pass through Amsterdam,because I want to use North west/KLM airline and it will stop at Amsterdam before going to Nigeria.I already hold the plastic green card.Pls can somebody put me thru'

I don't think you need a visa but call KLM and they'll tell ya what you need.

jcloud

Ma, you don't need to wait. We came in on the 24th and got to the SSA just yesterday for application and were told the numbers will get to us in a week time. We are also in MD. Don't really know this 26 days all about.
Try another office.

can u pls trow more lite on dis prove of address issue in maryland

can u pls trow more lite on dis prove of address issue in maryland

In Maryland, the requirements are:
1. Two letters from any level of govts, mailed bank statements, lease agreement, utility bills all in your names. Even letter from University of Maryland was rejected. This is required to proof your residency (Any two will do).

Condolence

Please accept my condolence on your Dad's decease. It must be a tough loss. Have a safe trip.

Change Of Address

HELLO HOUSE,
Am planning to change my place of stay when i get to the US,but on the forms i sent to KCC i used a particular address in Chicago but now am intending to stay with sum one in another place,pls will this change affect the quick issuance of the SSN and the Green card. bcos i don't want any argument during the interview with the officer. so i intend to change it at my POE.

HELLO HOUSE,
Am planning to change my place of stay when i get to the US,but on the forms i sent to KCC i used a particular address in Chicago but now am intending to stay with sum one in another place,pls will this change affect the quick issuance of the SSN and the Green card. bcos i don't want any argument during the interview with the officer. so i intend to change it at my POE.

much better to change it at POE.