Anyone with a lawsuit against USCIS or thinking about a lawsuit (Merged)

Today I filed the notice of appeal, and served the office of US attorny for our distirct. I have further ordered the MTD hearing transcript. Now I am waiting for my case to be docketed so that I provide AILF with my appeal case number.
Now it is time for lazcis to give me my next reading assignment and the things I should get prepared for in the next phase.

Also thanks to lazycis, lenaf, ok-boy and AGC4ME for their kind words of encouragement.

Good job, you weren't slow by any means :)
Read rules 3,4,10,11,12,30. Prepare and fax appearance form
http://www.ca6.uscourts.gov/internet/forms/case_opening/appearance.pdf
serve it to AUSA

After you get your case #, prepare and fax this form to the clerk and to the mediation office (see form)
http://www.ca6.uscourts.gov/internet/forms/case_opening/civil_appeal.pdf
serve it to AUSA.
You can start working on your brief and prepare motion to expedite appeal, if you want.
My prayers are with you!

since2003

Congratulations, since2003! What are the factors you think triger the timely resolution. Did AUSA request expedition NC for you? Have you tried writing to all the officials yo can think of. Did you have to fight a MTD, request discovery, MSJ etc?

Hi, I have got so much information from this forum although this is my first post. Basicly, I just want to report another good news about WOM pro se. After waiting for 4 years, I filed WOM in May. After two extensions, the AUSA called me on 9/26 and said my green card is approved! I got email notice on Saturday.

i need help

question for you lazycis
i have friend he sent the application n400. he didn t receive nothing no receipt .Now it a month and half. can u tell me what happened.
question for everybody who can help

question for you lazycis
i have friend he sent the application n400. he didn t receive nothing no receipt .Now it a month and half. can u tell me what happened.
question for everybody who can help

The USCIS received about 300,000 I-485 application in July-August so they maybe slow issuing the receipt.

thank you for your quik response
my question was about n400. it is the same as I-485?
can he take infopass to ask about the application or not?

To be able to show evidence later, when sending a letter to First Lady, should I send it with normal mail or FedEx?

To be able to show evidence later, when sending a letter to First Lady, should I send it with normal mail or FedEx?

In my opinion send it with certified mail. you recieve the green card from the postoffice and you can get the traking number too

by the way, i sent an email to justia.com to report their searchable listing thing, but frankly i don't think there may be any turnout.
I think, for justia.com, one possible solution is to only grant search function to registered users........

I would not worry too much about justia search. It's like having your name listed in a phone directory. We cannot live completely anonymous, it's a trade off between convenience and privacy. For example, every time you use a credit card, there is a chance that your identity will be stolen. So the alternative is to pay cash all the time, which is not always practical. Eventually, your case will expire and will not be available in justia.

You have a strong case. Another member, mt100 is in the same situation and he was kind enough to share his complaint with the rest of us.
Here it is:
http://www.immigrationportal.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=16979&d=1189379648
You can start preparing the complain, gathering exhibits, etc.
Check the first page of this forum regarding the process. Be strong and of good courage!

thanks alot lazycis for your advice i feel much better now and thanks mt100 for sharing his doc

Last edited by a moderator:
Declaratory Judgment Act

Hi, Guys,
I am preparing my Opposition for MTD. The last argument the AUSA has in his MTD is that "The Declaratory judgment act cannot confer jurisdiction, it does not provide an independent basis for subjusct matter jurisdiction"

I haven't read anything about this yet. Anybody recommending anything to read?

Thanks,

lazycis

lazycis
after u file the notice of appeal, how much time do u have before u submit ur brief etc. ?
My case is linked to Li vs. Gonzales, and i was thinking maybe i should file the notice now... and wait until Li vs. gonzales is ruled on and then either withdraw case or proceed with brief that would refer heavily to li vs. gonzalez
what do u think

Hi, Guys,
I am preparing my Opposition for MTD. The last argument the AUSA has in his MTD is that "The Declaratory judgment act cannot confer jurisdiction, it does not provide an independent basis for subjusct matter jurisdiction"

I haven't read anything about this yet. Anybody recommending anything to read?

Thanks,

That's true. You don't have to talk about it at all in the MTD.