Anyone with a lawsuit against USCIS or thinking about a lawsuit (Merged)

I agree. I took me almost 3 months from writing to GWB to getting a response from FBI. Besides, if writing a letter can resolve the issue, why not try it first? I'd say write to Mr. or Mrs. Bush first, then write to senator.

LazyCIS,

Could you please provide/refer to me to any good response to MTD example in N-400 (Mandamus) case without IV. Becasue once we file Mandamus then the first thing would to reply to MTD of AUSA so I should have that also ready. Thanks in advance.

I do not have a sample for mandamus action in N-400. Here are two great oppositions for mandamus I-485 and 1447b. Both written by forum members (missingpa and paz1960). You can combine them into one and come up with a good opposition.

Do you guys think President Bush or First Lady would follow up in my case since I am Iranian?

Come on, this is the nation of immigrants. As long as you are not Iranian president, you'll be just fine :)
Just try it and see what happens.

Okay. I just finished my letter to First Lady. Let's see what happens next. Thanks for your support and I will keep you guys posted :)

does "fbi name check has been completed and results have been sent back to USCIS" mean "fbi name check has been cleared"? not necessarily, right?

and...i just found out that nowadays my name has become googlable since i filed the wom, thanks to justia.com.......frankly speaking for myself, i don't like it....i don't want my name to be googlable because of this suit. there are many bad effects, such as, potential employers do google candidates by their names, their email addresses, what ever...........

any solution for this to get my name off googlable list due to justia.com?

thanks..

Greenpea,
fbi always reports that the name check has been completed and results are provided to USCIS. They never say if is cleared or if some adverse information exists about you. In 99% of cases though, name check completion means name check clearance. In my case, fbi also said the name check is completed but the FBI agent who had interviewed me told me that no adverse information exists about me. In your case, since you were not interviewed by FBI, you have no direct link, and so you will not be able to find out the results of your name check. You will know it only when you will receive your GC.
Who cares if your name has become googleable due to wom filing. If I am an employer, I will give you extra points if I find out that you filed a WOM. Well, you had guts to sue the government. You are a doer and you took action about something that you believed was an injustice to you, instead of just sitting and waiting and brooding. This is definitely a plus. Hey, I would want to put that in my resume:)

Mt-100,

Whaoo, You are The Man....

Greenpea,
fbi always reports that the name check has been completed and results are provided to USCIS. They never say if is cleared or if some adverse information exists about you. In 99% of cases though, name check completion means name check clearance. In my case, fbi also said the name check is completed but the FBI agent who had interviewed me told me that no adverse information exists about me. In your case, since you were not interviewed by FBI, you have no direct link, and so you will not be able to find out the results of your name check. You will know it only when you will receive your GC.
Who cares if your name has become googleable due to wom filing. If I am an employer, I will give you extra points if I find out that you filed a WOM. Well, you had guts to sue the government. You are a doer and you took action about something that you believed was an injustice to you, instead of just sitting and waiting and brooding. This is definitely a plus. Hey, I would want to put that in my resume:)

wommei

Thank you for your advice, lazycis. I will think about it. In some old posts on this forum, I found someone saying" for 95% of WOM cases, FBI will expedite the name checks and USCIS will adjudicate 485 cases within a few months". But I don't know if that is true anymore because FBI announced early this year that they will not expedite the Name checks just because of lawsuits.

My advice would be similar to lazycis. Do not change any of your decisions in life based on GC. And no FBI will not expedite unless USCIS requests an expedited check and USCIS will not expedite unless they see that there is no way their case will be won in the court. I guess for me yvesliu's case and my own pending WoM helped a lot. Washington is a much friendlier district for WoM. So you can xfer your case there and file MSJ as soon as possible. This will speed things up.

Need some explanations

HI AGC4ME, LazyCIS, MT100

When I file a Mandamus then should I refer to the same Mandamus-Win-Cases examples in that District , State or/and whole USA. Also, the win-cases examples must be same or similar like if I’m filing for N-400 w/o IV then should I put all the same Mandamus win-cases examples in it or it could be N-400 with IV win-case or I-485 win-case, etc. Please explain…

Agc4me

My advice would be similar to lazycis. Do not change any of your decisions in life based on GC. And no FBI will not expedite unless USCIS requests an expedited check and USCIS will not expedite unless they see that there is no way their case will be won in the court. I guess for me yvesliu's case and my own pending WoM helped a lot. Washington is a much friendlier district for WoM. So you can xfer your case there and file MSJ as soon as possible. This will speed things up.

Thank you, AGC4ME! That is very helpful.

Hi, I have got so much information from this forum although this is my first post. Basicly, I just want to report another good news about WOM pro se. After waiting for 4 years, I filed WOM in May. After two extensions, the AUSA called me on 9/26 and said my green card is approved! I got email notice on Saturday.

Questions about I485 WOM:

I have filed WOM as pro se in NYSD court in September ( my name check has been pending since April 2005), and I have several questions about the process and I hope those of you who are more experienced could help me:

1. I have went through the google sheet posted here and it seemed to me that there were not so many cases approved in NYSD. Does anyone know any cases approved in NYSD?

2. I saw a post about requesting discovery. When should I request discovery, before or after receiving answer from USA? who should I send the request to?

Thanks a lot.

Gen

time to make a bit contribution

Thanks for greenpea's nice words.

It happened that I file WOM in NYSD too. But it will be dismissed soon b/c they approve my GC. I guess this is the reason for most other cases as well.

I think the AUSA is trying to solve cases before going to court. she said that she will file MTD if my case cannot be solved by the second extension. I was nervous and prepared for it by reading threads in the forum from beginning to page 328....will continue if I didn't get her call.

Questions about I485 WOM:

I have filed WOM as pro se in NYSD court in September ( my name check has been pending since April 2005), and I have several questions about the process and I hope those of you who are more experienced could help me:

1. I have went through the google sheet posted here and it seemed to me that there were not so many cases approved in NYSD. Does anyone know any cases approved in NYSD?

2. I saw a post about requesting discovery. When should I request discovery, before or after receiving answer from USA? who should I send the request to?

Thanks a lot.

Gen

....and there is a reason why personal/private info is kept that way. Actually I may even have disclosed my DOB, SSN, or other info in some Exhibits......after i thought about it.. :(

Greenpea,
You made a mistake by not blacking out your personal information, when you filed the lawsuit. All civil lawsuits are public information, and you cannot do anything about it. We should mention often in this forum that any Pro Se litigants should ensure that when they file the lawsuit, make sure that their private information is blacked out. Also a suggestion is that do not first make photocopies and then strike out the private information. You should first strike out the private information and then make photocopies. Because an identity thief may be able to go to the court, get your file, and he can figure out what information has been blacked out. It is usually visible under the black ink of your marker, unless you scratch it real hard.

update

Today I filed the notice of appeal, and served the office of US attorny for our distirct. I have further ordered the MTD hearing transcript. Now I am waiting for my case to be docketed so that I provide AILF with my appeal case number.
Now it is time for lazcis to give me my next reading assignment and the things I should get prepared for in the next phase.

Also thanks to lazycis, lenaf, ok-boy and AGC4ME for their kind words of encouragement.

Greenpea,
You made a mistake by not blacking out your personal information, when you filed the lawsuit. All civil lawsuits are public information, and you cannot do anything about it. We should mention often in this forum that any Pro Se litigants should ensure that when they file the lawsuit, make sure that their private information is blacked out. Also a suggestion is that do not first make photocopies and then strike out the private information. You should first strike out the private information and then make photocopies. Because an identity thief may be able to go to the court, get your file, and he can figure out what information has been blacked out. It is usually visible under the black ink of your marker, unless you scratch it real hard.

You will not be able to strike your name. And so it will still turn up when searched by google.