Anyone with a lawsuit against USCIS or thinking about a lawsuit (Merged)

Hi, AGC4ME,
Where did you get this 100 expedite /week ? Can you
give me more information as to the policy ? Your input is
well appreciated.

Thanks,

liuym

Hi AGC

It was in one of those FBI documents that I had obtained as part of discovery. It's available in PACER. May be lazycis can post that pdf also...

my update

I have some good news. Today I received the notice for FP on 10/18 ! Since my last one was 2 years ago I hope that it means that things have started moving along.
good night.

And today, the Eastern District of Michigan granted another Motion to Dismiss. It is the 7th consecutive MTD that is granted in this district. This time, I am the one who lost. The judge quoted and compared the analysis of Tang in D.Mass against Qiu in D.N.J and concluded that Qiu case is more reasonable and rejected the argument of Tang.
Finally he noted that the court joints the unanimous holdings of the Eastern District of Michigan in Favor of USCIS and FBI. This phrase might have been put there to prevent the court of appeal to reverse the case.
So today is the day that I joined the looser club. Or maybe I should call it deferred winner club hoping that we will ultimately win in the appeal. I am writing my $450 check.

Nah. You'll dismiss this and go on to accomplish greater things. People like you and lazycis will turn the tables on USCIS and the opinions in your case will be quoted forever. Good luck.

I have some good news. Today I received the notice for FP on 10/18 ! Since my last one was 2 years ago I hope that it means that things have started moving along.
good night.

Now, that's what we want to hear! The USCIS has got your reminder. They can move quickly when motivated :) Looks like your case will be closed by the end of October.

my update

Apparently the next eon is nearing. I've got the same latter from Mr. Cannon as AGC4ME got on Aug 24. In addition, the USCIS responded that my case is currently under review. Now, I really hope the court of appeals will resolve my case before the USCIS does.

Tsc

I sent the summons and complaint to all defendants this Monday. All the others received my packages, except TSC. The Track information shows:We attempted to deliver your item at 3:37 PM on September 28, 2007 in MESQUITE, TX 75185 and a notice was left. It can be redelivered or picked up at the Post Office. If the item is unclaimed, it will be returned to the sender. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.
I use the address as:
Evelyn Upchurch,
Director of TSC, USCIS
P.O. Box 851488
Mesquite, TX 75185-1488
Is this the correct address?
If not, anyone can provide me the right address.
Thanks

I think you cannot serve somebody using PO box address. The correct address is

USCIS TSC
4141 St. Augustine Rd.
Dallas, TX 75227

Just get a new summon for Upchurch and send another copy of the complaint to the above address.

Apparently the next eon is nearing. I've got the same latter from Mr. Cannon as AGC4ME got on Aug 24. In addition, the USCIS responded that my case is currently under review. Now, I really hope the court of appeals will resolve my case before the USCIS does.

Now USCIS letter is something I can trust. Cannon's letter is nothing out of ordinary. IMO USCIS is a lot better organization than FBI is. Both of them do run like headless chickens but one does a slightly better job.

great news, indeed!

good night.

That is great! Hopefully, you will get your green card soon. by the way, how long have you been waiting for 485 approval and which area do you live in?

about FOIPA

I am wondering if it is crucial to include FOIPA results in the lawsuit for WOM? I read something on another immigration forum and thought it is not relevant to the case. But now I am not so sure about it after reading some materials in this forum. Any advice? Is it too late to do it since I already filed the case and sent out the summons to the stinky defendents?

thanks

I think you cannot serve somebody using PO box address. The correct address is

USCIS TSC
4141 St. Augustine Rd.
Dallas, TX 75227

Just get a new summon for Upchurch and send another copy of the complaint to the above address.

Thank you very much

Thanks,

Thanks, AGC4ME.
Lazycis, Do you have this PDF file which said USCIS can request
100 expedite namecheck every week ? If so, could you please
post here, or email one copy to me ? my email: ymliu99@gmail.com
Thanks,

liuym

It was in one of those FBI documents that I had obtained as part of discovery. It's available in PACER. May be lazycis can post that pdf also...

the chances of winning the case or get GC before going to trial

I would like to discuss about this since I am facing a hard decision right now. I have an offer from Washington State and have to make a decision soon. I filed WOM this week (EB2-NIW, NSC, 140 and 485 submitted September, 2005, and 140 was approved on October 2005). If I can get my green card within 3-4 months, I think I should turn down the offer, so that I can stay with my husband in Chicago. But if I cannot get GC, I should take this job because I will be out of job by December 2008. And I am the primary appliant of 485 and I cannot be out of job for long, as I understand. So if I bet that I can get GC within a few months, then I should stay. Otherwise I should move to WA. I know there is no safe bet in one's life and we have to take a risk at some point. But it's better to calculate the risk before taking it. Any insightful advice is welcome!!!

That is great! Hopefully, you will get your green card soon. by the way, how long have you been waiting for 485 approval and which area do you live in?

I filed 1447(b) after an CIS interview in Jan 2006... sorry to disappoint you. But I have been still waiting for almost 2 years now to get my N400 finally approved. I'm in N. CA.

that's a very good sign !
I can't wait till it's over for you too (although I'm selfishly scared that you will disappear and we will not get the help we need :), but that would make the rest of us, or at least me, to work harder and read more ) .
It's so exiting to see that things can actually be changed by us in CIS..

I filed 1447(b) after an CIS interview in Jan 2006... sorry to disappoint you. But I have been still waiting for almost 2 years now to get my N400 finally approved. I'm in N. CA.

lenaf, thats great news. It took 1 month after 2nd FP for me to get oath letter.

Citizenship Question

Hi:

Thank you so much for all the information on this site. I am new here but have spent a few hours going though the posted material and have a few questions regarding suing USCIS and USC 1447 (b). Here is my story:

PD: 3rd April 2006
FP: 29th April 2006

I have contact USCIS a few times and each time was told that the FBI Name Check result is not back!

I read the USC 1447 (b) which states that "if more than 120 days have passed since the naturalization interview, the applicant can seek judicial relief". I have not had my first interview. So:

1. Does this mean I can not use USC 1447(b)?
  2. If not, what are my other options?

I am going to write a letter to the First Lady.

Thank you for everyone's support. I felt helpless before. After reading the threads here, I feel help is here finally!

Regards,
Morali