Anyone with a lawsuit against USCIS or thinking about a lawsuit (Merged)

I Won!!!!!!

After waiting, and waiting for this bullshlt namecheck to get done, "So they say" and countless Info-Pass appointments that are USELESS
I am now an American Citizen. Feels good!! Finally...... But, only AFTER the 1447b lawsuit.

After filing the lawsuit under 1447b, it took barely 2 months. After asking to put the case in abeyance, by the AUSA the namecheck was completed in less than 2 days. For all the people hesitating to file, I strongly urge you to do it. Do not wait ANY longer than 120 days. I wish I would have filed my lawsuit much sooner. Now looking for my case to be Sealed, and I will get that accomplished as well. If some illegals "Think" they have rights, then what do the "Legals" have? You gotta be kidding me. Fight for it all, don't be scared. They really start moving once the suit is filed. Good luck to all!!!!!!!

PD 07/13/04
FP 08/25/04
Interview Passed 02/8/05
1447b filed 03/24/06
Oath 05/18/06

namecheck_limbo said:
After waiting, and waiting for this bullshlt namecheck to get done, "So they say" and countless Info-Pass appointments that are USELESS
I am now an American Citizen. Feels good!! Finally...... But, only AFTER the 1447b lawsuit.

After filing the lawsuit under 1447b, it took barely 2 months. After asking to put the case in abeyance, by the AUSA the namecheck was completed in less than 2 days. For all the people hesitating to file, I strongly urge you to do it. Do not wait ANY longer than 120 days. I wish I would have filed my lawsuit much sooner. Now looking for my case to be Sealed, and I will get that accomplished as well. If some illegals "Think" they have rights, then what do the "Legals" have? You gotta be kidding me. Fight for it all, don't be scared. They really start moving once the suit is filed. Good luck to all!!!!!!!

PD 07/13/04
FP 08/25/04
Interview Passed 02/8/05
1447b filed 03/24/06
Oath 05/18/06

congratulation, congratulation, congratulation.

I am very very happy for you. :D :D :D

namecheck_limbo said:

PD 07/13/04
FP 08/25/04
Interview Passed 02/8/05
1447b filed 03/24/06
Oath 05/18/06

Congrats!! Well deserved! One more winning case to inspire everyone here!

congratulation

namecheck_limbo said:

PD 07/13/04
FP 08/25/04
Interview Passed 02/8/05
1447b filed 03/24/06
Oath 05/18/06

congratulation :)

namecheck_limbo, here is the deal!

namecheck_limbo said:

PD 07/13/04
FP 08/25/04
Interview Passed 02/8/05
1447b filed 03/24/06
Oath 05/18/06
First, congratz! Second, we all see you oath was 5/18/06, yet you did not report to this community until 12 days after the fact. This is NOT acceptable at all. So by the power vested in me by this wonderful community, we hereby sentence you to 22 months of community service (= total time since your PD). :D :D :D :D :D

Which district are you in, if you don't mind?

Regards,

Balto

namecheck_limbo said:

After reading yet another winning case, I'd like to say the following to the USCIS - HAHA! :)

Congrats!

K

Thus is the nature of my Job, was in 15 countries over the period of 2 months. I hate my work and I hate these fucking bastards at USCIS and FBI and DHS, may they burn and rot in hell with all that hell's fury can offer them. Well I don't have anything new yet. But I will tell you this. Since the DA filed on May 10 2006 his Answer to my Complaint I have filed my Memorandum in Response to the Answer to the complaint with evidence that I'm taking to the courts tomorrow. Also I have evidence from Michael Cannon's Office that my Name Check was done on Dec 23 2005 and from Vermont Liaison Lawyer working at USCIS that my Name Check was done on Jul 7 2005 (2 times so far). Also since my interview on May 1st and fingerprints on May 16th those fucking bastards have still not made up their minds, the adjudicator assured me that only thing left was fingerprinting and I find out that they have sent another set for Name Check Clearance on May 24 2006, this I got to know from my Congressman Ed Markey's office. I'm going to fuck these bastard up so bad you will hear my name on TV for sure. Now it's no longer about the Green Card but an investigation. Please read my response and tell me what ya'll think. Also I'm scheduling a conf with the Judge. I'm going to fuck these guys you watch.

To quote pulp fiction
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children.
And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you. "

Hey Publicius nice to hear you're back. And everyone I'm sorry but will be travelling again. My boss is such a bastard. He told me he would give me 3 months to resolve my issue, thus the Class Action Lawsuit stuff thread and now I have to travel as hell. Sorry no excuses but need someone to take the reins on this. I am all for it even if I win

namecheck_limbo said:

PD 07/13/04
FP 08/25/04
Interview Passed 02/8/05
1447b filed 03/24/06
Oath 05/18/06

Congratulations!!! Where did you file your complaint?

Best Regards

congratulation,

namecheck_limbo said:

PD 07/13/04
FP 08/25/04
Interview Passed 02/8/05
1447b filed 03/24/06
Oath 05/18/06

PendingN400 said:
Thanks for your reply. However, elsewhere in other threads, I have read (Rajiv included where he has stated that they can deny) that USCIS can deny naturalization applications, period. In fact 10% or more of all naturalization applications are denied, I wonder how many of these (even if small) are denied due to pending background check issue? Perhaps USCIS feels threatened by lawsuits, denies your application, hope it never goes through appeals process or stays stuck, and thus stall for more time whereby they retain jurisdiction.

The issue here is in the interim period, when for example you have issued USCIS a notice with your intent to file a lawsuit, or when you have actually filed a lawsuit and the judge is yet to hear your case, can USCIS go ahead and deny. Are there other precendents such as this?

NO, it is against the law for them to deny as a retaliation. These people have pensions, families and careers they care and worry about. If you ever get a chance and read the Immigration Officer's Manual posted on their website (I am not sure about the exact name), you will see that they do not just deny cases for the sake of denial, but they look for a good reason because the appeal office is kind of independent and can reverse the decision. The manual advises that the officers make sure the denial is bullet-proof and can stand the review of the boards of appeals.

PendingN400 said:
The issue here is in the interim period, when for example you have issued USCIS a notice with your intent to file a lawsuit, or when you have actually filed a lawsuit and the judge is yet to hear your case, can USCIS go ahead and deny. Are there other precendents such as this?

If I were you, I would just go ahead and sue them. From the tens of cases I read, CIS don't even pay attention to the notice of intent to sue. And don't worry, no adverse action can be taken since # 1 they will lose Jurisdiction over your case.

Good luck

namecheck_limbo said:

PD 07/13/04
FP 08/25/04
Interview Passed 02/8/05
1447b filed 03/24/06
Oath 05/18/06

CONGRATULATIONS

AND GOOD LUCK TO ALL THOSE WHO ARE STILL WAITING

tsa3400 said:
To quote pulp fiction
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children.
And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you. "

tsa, are you going to use your gun after this phrase like Samuel L. Jackson does in the movie. :D BTW, that was one of the funniest and strangest movies I've ever watched. No wonder I had to leave Los Angeles. :D

It's good to have this much ammo and determination to defeat the bastards. Your journey was a long one my friend and these bastards are still screwing your case.

Nevertheless, be very courteous in front of the Judge. Don't alienate him and give the enemy a point.

Good luck, I can sense that your journey is almost over. Hang in there. :)

when should i call?

Hello Publicus,
When do you recommend I should call the U.S Attorney office? They got everything 5/23. And what should I say and who I should I ask for. I am in the end of it .

Thank you so much.

Mr LA said:
Hello Publicus,
When do you recommend I should call the U.S Attorney office? They got everything 5/23. And what should I say and who I should I ask for. I am in the end of it .

Thank you so much.

Call them a month to two weeks before the end of the deadline when they have to file their answer. Introduce yourself and listen. The US atty will start talking like a radio. They usually do, mostly to get you to accept an extension and make you feel like they are working on the case. Then call a week before the deadline, and if they ask for an extension, ask them why they need it, and that it is difficult for you and very stressful, but agree as long as you feel they are making a bona fide effort to resolve the case. Remember, if they ask the court for an extension, they will get it.
So if they received the summons on 5/23, call them on or around 7/1.

BTW, how come you paid no court fees? It's weird.

tsa3400 said:
Thus is the nature of my Job, was in 15 countries over the

Hey Publicius nice to hear you're back. And everyone I'm sorry but will be travelling again. My boss is such a bastard. He told me he would give me 3 months to resolve my issue, thus the Class Action Lawsuit stuff thread and now I have to travel as hell. Sorry no excuses but need someone to take the reins on this. I am all for it even if I win
i am really skeptic we can anything of that nature done( class action), because you ned a large number to do anythign effective, and so far, it doesnt seems like we gonna any considerable number of people enough to do anything.

Mr LA said:
Hello Publicus,

Thank you so much.

I'm not Publicus, but...

The original Publicus message suggested to call after 6 weeks. At least in my case, I wish I called earlier. Say 4 weeks. This way if they aren't even paying attention to you, they might start doing that. Maybe you'll avoid a response filled with a bunch of bullcrap and they start moving before 60 days are up.

When I called, I asked for the attorney who handles immigration complaints. Of course, I'm in St. Louis, MO (not exately your LA or NYC or even Chicago)and probably they only got one person who handles those complaints. Still, I guess that would be the best bet, they'll eventually get you to the right person.

Good luck!

K

P.S. Ask Suzy for a prediction on your case. Suzy was pretty darn close when it came time to dish out a prediction for me :D

RealSuperK said:
At least in my case, I wish I called earlier. Say 4 weeks. This way if they aren't even paying attention to you, they might start doing that. Maybe you'll avoid a response filled with a bunch of bullcrap and they start moving before 60 days are up.

Good advice. The initial communication should be merely an introduction.

My 1447(b) Petition is filed!

Mr LA said:
Hello Buggin,
what is your DO ? and why are waiting till 6/5 to file ?

My advice to you, do more reading from page from 1 till this page, make notice and don’t waist time, time is running fast

Good luck
OK, I know I was planning on filing my petition on June 5 because that was the earliest day I could take off of work (too busy at work). I had everything ready to go, just needed the time.

Today, however, I was able to take the afternoon off and go to the District Court (Northern District of CA) in San Francisco. I filed my petition and my husband served a copy of it together with the Summons on the US Attorney right away. However, I couldn't file the proof of service with the clerk right after, while we were still in the same building, because my case was assigned to a judge in the Oakland sub-division (which is even farther away from my house than San Francisco). From now on, I need to send all documents to Oakland.

By the way, the clerk was mean and not helpful at all. She acted as if I was supposed to know everything and not ask her questions. I was waiting for her for about 30 min just to come to the counter and take my papers. Then she stated that she had already 7 cases to file. She said that she could mail the papers back to me. Well, if I wanted them to be mailed to me, I wouldn't have gone all the way to San Francisco and would file my petition by mail. Anyway, I said I was willing to wait (2 hours) and pick the papers up when they are ready.

The clerk also was too lazy to stamp all the summonses I prepared (I had a separate summons for each defendant, which was according to the local court rules), however, she stamped only one and told me to make copies of it. I didn't argue with her. Advice: Don't waist your time and don't make a separate summons for each defendant. Prepare only one summons with an attached page listing all the defendants with their addresses.

So, my case is in and the clock starts ticking tomorrow ( in my district the 60-day period starts from the time the complaint is served on the US Attorney, excluding the day of the service). Tomorrow I will also go to the post office and mail the papers to all the defendants.

Thank you everybody for your help and support. I hope my filing experience will help to those filing in the same district. Let me know if you have any questions and wish me good luck.

P.S. I had to pay $350 filing fee. I told the clerk that people filing in LA don't pay the fee, but she was clueless. She looked at me for a while and asked, "So do you want to file a fee waiver?" I left her with a "No, I don't."
------------------------
4/16/05 - N-400 receipt date
8/4/05 - Fingerprinting date
10/5/05 - Interview date (passed; pending the FBI background check)
5/30/06 – 1447(b) Petition filed
5/30/06 - US Attorney is served

Last edited by a moderator:
buggin said:
Today, however, I was able to take the afternoon off and go to the District Court (Northern District of CA) in San Francisco. I filed my petition and my husband served a copy of it together with the Summons on the US Attorney right away.

Good luck and keep us posted!

K