Concurrent Filing - Using Cross Chargeability

I got one of the cust service reps to open a SR. Navneet how do you get to speak to an IO. I tried the POJ and it keeps going to a customer service rep every time..

I used the POJ trick itself, although these days it sucks with wait times of almost 30 mins before you get to talk to an IO. Sometimes, it dosent work and gets transferred to the national cust service. Try in the mornings around 10-11 EST. Thats when I usually call.

KS,

What do you suggest in that case ? Should I just hang in there and wait ? I did manage to open a service request on Aug 29th. Hopefully that triggers an adjudicator to look at my file and approve the case as everything else seems to be clear at this point. Atleast am hoping thats the case.

-Navneet

Navneet,
Your SR may yield a response indicating that you're in extended review. I think thats their standard response these days. I got the same letter back in July, asking me to get back in touch with them after 180 days, its all BS.
Now, if your response yields something else, you're in a better spot.
What I would suggest is that since your NC is clear and everything looks ok in your case, you should try and approach your congresspersons or senator's office and request assistance. I told Still the same thing, but in his case, he was told that his NC is still pending.
You're well overdue for adjudication. You should also consider filling out the new I 7001 form from the CIS Ombudsman and mailing that in. The Ombudsman's office would send you a letter in about a month stating that they're initiating an inquiry on your behalf and CIS should respond in 45 days.
The form is optional, you can choose to follow their guidelines and mail in a letter eludicating your case problems. In that letter you can stress your CC and that your visa numbers are current.
PM me if you need any more help.
BOTTOMLINE: Do not stay dormant. Be proactive and knock on some doors to get your case moving.

I got one of the cust service reps to open a SR. Navneet how do you get to speak to an IO. I tried the POJ and it keeps going to a customer service rep every time..

What option are you using? After you hear your case status, you need to hit 3 for proceeding to the next step and I believe 3 for the option where you fear cases have been separated or something of that sort...its either 3 or 4...
If you don't hear 'You've reached the Blah Service Center', then the PoJ hasnt worked.

I used the POJ trick itself, although these days it sucks with wait times of almost 30 mins before you get to talk to an IO. Sometimes, it dosent work and gets transferred to the national cust service. Try in the mornings around 10-11 EST. Thats when I usually call.

Guys, try between 9 AM to 9.10 AM EST. Thats when they would have just opened their doors at the TSC. They're fresh albeit under-caffeinated, but at least you don't have to wait 30 minutes...

Hey KS
Congratulations to you once again!!
Thought Still would be next in line but seems name check blackhole didnt let him pass through...Dont worry dude...you will be out soon too.:D

Just an update on my side that Laywer finally agreed to go ahead with CC in my case after some initial resistance...seems with the new bulletin out for Oct. he had no choice left out
Does anybody here has the idea about the new 485 filling fees package
While searching on the forum I came across the following post

http://immigrationportal.com/showpost.php?p=1698788&postcount=6

USCIS filling fees doc dosent say anything about the a package fees of $1010 (which includes 485, 765,131)and that too no renewal fees?

If anybody can explain would be great:)

That's awesome. Glad the attorney finally saw the light. I'm not sure what you're fee question is. Since you've got an attorney, I presume that the attorney shall be telling you what the fees (new fees) are, along with his filing fee?
http://www.cliniclegal.org/Announcements/USCISfeeschedule2007.pdf
You can find the new fee schedule here.
Tally up 485 + 765 + 131 times two (self and spouse).

Time for Infopass?

Guys, based on my signature below do y'll think I should make an Infopass appointment or should I wait? What would be the advantages of the Infopass appointment beside finding out if my wife and I have cleared the dreaded name check? Any advice is welcome. Kinda frustrated with the wait and my current employer.

Guys, based on my signature below do y'll think I should make an Infopass appointment or should I wait? What would be the advantages of the Infopass appointment beside finding out if my wife and I have cleared the dreaded name check? Any advice is welcome. Kinda frustrated with the wait and my current employer.

If the Infopass office is reasonably close to home/work and it isn't terribly out of your schedule to fit in an appointment, it doesn't hurt. On a good day, I've been from the parking lot and back to it in 20 minutes. Since it's been > 6 months from when you filed, this may be a good time to find out your NC status.

There is no advantage in not doing an Infopass appointment unless

a) It actually is quite out of your way
or
b) You are someone who would rather not know the status of the NC instead of risking being depressed if the answer is 'No' :) Nothing wrong with that, some people I know are like that.

If the Infopass office is reasonably close to home/work and it isn't terribly out of your schedule to fit in an appointment, it doesn't hurt. On a good day, I've been from the parking lot and back to it in 20 minutes. Since it's been > 6 months from when you filed, this may be a good time to find out your NC status.

There is no advantage in not doing an Infopass appointment unless

a) It actually is quite out of your way
or
b) You are someone who would rather not know the status of the NC instead of risking being depressed if the answer is 'No' :) Nothing wrong with that, some people I know are like that.

Thanks prez

Thanks prez
I totally agree with prez. Finding out one way or the other would give you peace of mind (if its cleared), and if not, then you can start to formulate your next course of action to claw out of name check. If its close, then definitely go for it...its free, so the price is right...its just the investment in time and travel to the ASC.

I totally agree with prez. Finding out one way or the other would give you peace of mind (if its cleared), and if not, then you can start to formulate your next course of action to claw out of name check. If its close, then definitely go for it...its free, so the price is right...its just the investment in time and travel to the ASC.

KS,

Excuse my ignorance but what is ASC?

KS,

Excuse my ignorance but what is ASC?

No worries.

ASC stands for Application Support Center. These are the USCIS field/satellite offices apart from the four service centers of Texas, Vermont, California and Nebraska. When you make an Infopass appointment, you are asked for your zip code and the system automagically schedules your appointment at the ASC closest to you. More often than not, this would be the same place you did your fingerprints/biometrics.

AP2 LUDs

I have LUDs on our AP renewal applications received on 08/31 so I am hoping that indicates approvals around the corner.

On another note, my wife's EAD renewal card was apparently undelivered and returned by the post office so we ended up calling the NCS and updated the address (we had not changed the address and I did get my EAD). Is there anything else that is required? How soon do they resend the card ? Anybody else had a similar experience ?

Hang in there

Hey guys,
Hang in there. I know its tough...trust me, I sat through the agonizing wait for several months, and I realize I may come across as pontificating now, but there is light at the end of the tunnel. Lady luck never associated herself with me, but I pulled out, and each and everyone of you would too.

On a side note, I just logged in after a few days to a full Private Msg inbox...apologies to everyone who sent me a note...and I'm going to respond to everyone, but going ahead, if you need me immediately, just post here with something to grab my attention since I usually skim the thread without logging in. Or send me a note asking for my email address, best way to reach me immediately.

6 Months

6 months have passed since I applied for my 485/140/AP/EAD, and eveything went through like clockwork except the 485, which has not even seen a LUD since the day after my FP.

What can I or should I do?