Need Help Registered Dietician (Nutritionist)

sadi

Hi,
I need some information related to Green card processing for Registered Dieticians in USA. Currently I am doing internship & preparing for licence exam for registered Dietician through Iowa State University. I already completed all the requirements of American Diatetic Association. In Dec. 2005 I am planning to appear for Board License exam. I have few questions:

1) Is Registered Dieticians also comes in the same category as Regestered Nurse/Physical therapist?

2) Currently I am on H4 visa. Is there any possibility I can start my GC process directly under special category (RN/PT) if I get some sponser.

3) If yes When should I can start my GC processing? Can I start it now or have to wait till I clear my State board license exam. I did Master's in Food Science & nutrition from India & completed all the requirement of American Dietetic association from Iowa State University, Iowa.

I am really very sorry for this big mail but I desparetely need help from this forum in this regard.

Registered dietician doesn't belong to RN/PT category, thus is not a Schedule-A career. I am afraid you have to find an H-1 sponsor first and wait until EB-3 VISA is back available.

sadi said:
Hi,
<...>

I have few questions:

1) Is Registered Dieticians also comes in the same category as Regestered Nurse/Physical therapist?

2) Currently I am on H4 visa. Is there any possibility I can start my GC process directly under special category (RN/PT) if I get some sponser.

3) If yes When should I can start my GC processing? Can I start it now or have to wait till I clear my State board license exam. I did Master's in Food Science & nutrition from India & completed all the requirement of American Dietetic association from Iowa State University, Iowa.

I am really very sorry for this big mail but I desparetely need help from this forum in this regard.

Registered Dietician (nutritionist)

Hi Bassam,

Thanks a lot for your help. Is there any source from I can get some information regarding immigration policy for Registered Dietician in USA because in my hospital during internship I got an impression from senior dieticians & staff member that due to shortage of registered dietician, immigration is very easy & fast just like RN/PT. I appreciate ur help.

Sadi

I am no expert regarding nutritionists finding a job in the USA. But I believe the problem is your birth place. As long as you were born in India, the only way now is the one through H1B. Because you don't belong to RN/PT category in the eyes of immigrant officers (not your staff members), you are suject to backlog/unavalability of EB-3.

kishorbabu_ki said:
Hi,
Hi,
We recently moved to us. My wife has done post graduation in dieititics in india. Could you please let us know, is there any h1 consultants in this field?
Thanks for your help.

regarding h1 for dietician

kishorbabu_ki said:
Hi,
Hi,
We recently moved to us. My wife has done post graduation in dieititics in india. Could you please let us know, is there any h1 consultants in this field?
Thanks for your help.

kishorbabu_k said:
Hi,
Hi,
Thanks for your help.

Nursing Jobs

Find high paying nursing Jobs , http://ultimatenursingjobs.com and Nursing News plus Nursing Business Opportunities in your state. Healthcare recruiters post healthcare job positions for free and also join our discussion boards. http://ultimatenursingjobs.com is a place for health care employers to advertise for RNs, LPNs, CNAs, and other allied health care workers. Find hospital jobs and nursing employment opportunities of all kinds ... travel nursing for information on traveling nurse jobs and ... Advertise Nursing Jobs. Posts nursing and RN jobs throughout the U.S. Traveling and permanent nursing positions. Includes jobs database, resume services, ... of our award winning nursing jobs, employment and career site. Traveling and permanent nursing positions. Includes jobs database, resume services, ... of our award winning nursing jobs, employment and career site. Healthcare Personnel Sourcing Service that services ... and Nursing Management candidates seeking permanent jobs, temporary jobs. http://ultimatenursingjobs.com rullfebstalucia:)

Hi,
I am Hetal Shah and have done my P.G.Diploma in dietetics. i will pursue my Masters in Nutrition from fall 2007. I would like to know the job prospects of nutritionist after completing the masters with RD. Also, can u let me know the chances of getting done H1? Is it done as easily as its done for IT people. Is it difficult to get a sponsor for H1 for dietitians or nutritionist?
I would really appreciate if you can help me with this.

Thanks
Hetal

z
Hi,
I am Hetal Shah and have done my P.G.Diploma in dietetics. i will pursue my Masters in Nutrition from fall 2007. I would like to know the job prospects of nutritionist after completing the masters with RD. Also, can u let me know the chances of getting done H1?
If you could find an employer who can sponser you, H1 is not a problem. But you must get your license after graduation to practise as dietiecian.

Is it done as easily as its done for IT people. YES Is it difficult to get a sponsor for H1 for dietitians or nutritionist? Not very many sponsers (Hospitals) , but IT several sponsersI would really appreciate if you can help me with this.

Thanks
Hetal