Certificate of Naturalization Number?

goodguy09

Registered Users (C)
I have a question: I recently got my US Citizenship and need to apply for a visa for my in-laws visiting me. While filling up the I-134, there is a question

"If a United States citizen through naturalization, give certificate of naturalization number"

Now, I see my Certificate of Naturalization and see 2 numbers. One is No:XXXXX and other one says CIS Registration No: AXXXXX. WHich one should I put? Please let me know. Thanks

HELP!!!

The first one. The number that begins with A is called your 'A number'. It is the same number as the one found on your greencard!!

Sponsoring in-laws eh! Making good use of that citizenship!!!!

Rahul Kumar said:
The first one. The number that begins with A is called your 'A number'. It is the same number as the one found on your greencard!!

So Rahul that is the number that we use as a "A number" when we fill out forms like I-864 and others?

Use the A#. I-864 specifically asks for this. I-130 on the other hand asks for the Certificate of natz number also!

Rahul Kumar said:
Use the A#. I-864 specifically asks for this. I-130 on the other hand asks for the Certificate of natz number also!

So A# and Certificate of Naturalization number is same, right? :eek:

No. A number is your alien number, the one that was on your green card.
Naturalization number is on your naturalization certificate only.

amishah said:
So A# and Certificate of Naturalization number is same, right? :eek:

A# = Your green card number. Eg. A 123-456-789 (More significant)
Natz # = The # of the certificate you get when you take oath (Less significant)

They are not the same

I thought once you're a citizen, you're not an alien anymore, which means, the A# is not applicable for the citizen. I didn't even notice that the A# was on the naturalization certificate.
On the petition forms for my parents I put N/A for my A#. Am I in trouble?

Anahit,

A# becomes less significant. Its like a past Drivers License (used to establish history)

I dont know if your not putting a A# will cause delays or not. I assume you sent a copy of your Natz Certificate. The examiner can lookup your A# from that. Pay closer attention to such forms in the future

Rahul Kumar said:
Anahit,

A# becomes less significant. Its like a past Drivers License (used to establish history)

I dont know if your not putting a A# will cause delays or not. I assume you sent a copy of your Natz Certificate. The examiner can lookup your A# from that. Pay closer attention to such forms in the future
Yes, of course, they got a copy of my certificate.
Thanks, Rahul.

thanks! I'm trying to fill the form the I 130 to my husband is an American citizen.
They are asking for the place and date and issued but in his Certification of Naturalization there are 2 dates. ' Complied with the applicable provisions of such naturalization and was entitled to be admitted to citizenship such a person having taken the oath of allegiance in a ceremony conducted by the U. S. District court eastern district at Brooklyn New York on December 28th, 2007.
Now therefore in pursuance of the authority contained in section 343 of the immigration and Nationality act, this certificate of naturalization is issued this 23rd day of july 2008 and the seal of DHS'
Wich one i should use?
thanks a lot!

Ok thanks Brooklyn is the place but wich date I should use?
Because they are asking for the number of Certificate of Citizenship, and date and place of issuance.
And I have 2 dates...
'at Brooklyn New York on December 28th, 2007.'
or
'this certificate of naturalization is issued this 23rd day of july 2008 and the seal of DHS'
thanks a lot
:)

How can he take an oath on Dec 28th, 2007 and his naturalization certificate have an issuance date of July 28, 2008?

Something is very strange about this situation. I would use the Dec 28th, 2007. It is more likely that this would be the date of issuance (for certificate,) the second date is just plain weird. Did he lose his naturalization certificate and applied for replacement?

Yes I think he lose his Certificate... Maybe that why two dates...
Anyways I will send a copy of the Certificate, they also asks for this.
Thanks a lot!

How can he take an oath on Dec 28th, 2007 and his naturalization certificate have an issuance date of July 28, 2008?

Something is very strange about this situation. I would use the Dec 28th, 2007. It is more likely that this would be the date of issuance (for certificate,) the second date is just plain weird. Did he lose his naturalization certificate and applied for replacement?

I have one more question in the form I 485 when they ask for name of my Spouse and A# wich number is this?
It is the ID number?
Or it is the Alien Register Number?
Because he is already Citizen.
thanks a lot!

I have one more question in the form I 485 when they ask for name of my Spouse and A# wich number is this?
It is the ID number?
Or it is the Alien Register Number?
Because he is already Citizen.
thanks a lot!

He used to have an alien number, he can find this in his old N400 application form.