X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I miss attachments capabilities

While it is good that the members can add link to a post, I miss being able to attach a file. I understand that a size limit would be required and could be a small limit but to do away with that option completely is disheartening.

Joe, what kind of attachments? PDF? .Doc, .xl??? Also, what file size do we need? Give me some details.
    Rajiv S. Khanna; Law Offices of Rajiv S. Khanna, PC - Your Host
    703-908-4800 Extension 110
    I am a lawyer. We practice US immigration law with sharp focus on employment/business immigration and complex immigration matters and related federal court litigation. I know a lot about my area of practice, but I do not know everything. Use common sense. There is no way anyone can give accurate legal advice without a detailed review of facts in each case. My comments in the forums do not create an attorney-client relationship. Do let me know how to make things better by posting relevant suggestions here:
    http://boards.immigration.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13

Facebook
    Twitter
    LinkedIn

Comment

Originally posted by Rajiv S. Khanna View Post
      Joe, what kind of attachments? PDF? .Doc, .xl??? Also, what file size do we need? Give me some details.
      Rajiv,

I post a great many items at http://www.slideshare.net/BigJoe5 and publish a ton of articles in Immigration Daily (45 articles since March 2011 and counting). Sometimes somebody posts a question for which I already have full explanation or helpful tools ready made. I used to be able to offer up such items very rapidly as an attachment (pdf or word doc usually, sometimes a ppt). It could be a single page or a dozen or so (depending on various considerations and the topic) file memory size varies (a few KB to several MB??). If I have to dig through my posted items to get a link (I would cut and paste from my browser), it may be too much of a hassle, so I don't bother answering. [I have over 400 items posted and more at another site so it is a hassle especially when there is a rash of folks asking the same thing over and over again.]

Thanks,

Comment

Joe, on principle, other than the hard drive space documents take on our servers, I have no objection to attachments. But, we as lawyers, have to look at several other aspects of postings (including assisting unauthorized practice of law -- and I am not insinuating that is an issue; I will have to review your posts to assess that). While we are not responsible for postings in the forums and their content, I have to give this matter some thought. If By the end of May, you have not heard from me about this, feel free to remind me.
        Rajiv S. Khanna; Law Offices of Rajiv S. Khanna, PC - Your Host
        703-908-4800 Extension 110
        I am a lawyer. We practice US immigration law with sharp focus on employment/business immigration and complex immigration matters and related federal court litigation. I know a lot about my area of practice, but I do not know everything. Use common sense. There is no way anyone can give accurate legal advice without a detailed review of facts in each case. My comments in the forums do not create an attorney-client relationship. Do let me know how to make things better by posting relevant suggestions here:
        http://boards.immigration.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13

Facebook
        Twitter
        LinkedIn

Comment

Working...
        X