X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Judges in Miami

Has anyone ever had to deal with judge Charles J Sanders?
    Any feedback?

We had Judge Ford and he is absolutely insanely mean. He insulted me at the hearing.

Anyways, thanks!

02 hubby enters w/ inspection B2 Visa, overstays
    04 Hubby marries USC
    05 & files all paperwork Hubby gets SS, work permit & DL
    06 Hubby divorces USC no show for interv. w/ USCIS. Case closed w/no deportation order.
    08 DL expires
    09 I meet hubby 6/10 We get married
    7/10 Hubby gets arrested for driving w/ expired license and picked up by ICE
    7/25/10 file I-130
    8/3/10 1st MH hes released on 3.5K bond
    9/8/10 Fired lawyer
    12/1/10 next MH

Originally posted by tessiekenela View Post
    Has anyone ever had to deal with judge Charles J Sanders?
    Any feedback?

We had Judge Ford and he is absolutely insanely mean. He insulted me at the hearing.

Anyways, thanks!
    that one is even more obnoxious then ford I believe ( someone I knew had to deal with him about 3 year ago).....judges are hugely biased against immigrants and ilegals...it comes as a shock to someone from say canada or europe but its pure american justice ... rough and insulting .. coz you don't have the money or the "fix" or political influence so they mop the floor with you every chance they got ...they are chosen because they are vulgar and uneducated ...as the worst of the worst ...in their profession ;

Comment

Do beneficiaries with an AOS case have the ability to switch judges, if so how would you do that? I'd hate to get a judge who wanted to "throw the book at me" while another couple of judges might give me a fair shake and grant me relief under statutes that I might need and deserve.
      Disclaimer: My posts are opinions only, not legal advice. Consult a licenced attorney before acting on any of my opinions.

Comment

Originally posted by praxx View Post
        Do beneficiaries with an AOS case have the ability to switch judges, if so how would you do that? I'd hate to get a judge who wanted to "throw the book at me" while another couple of judges might give me a fair shake and grant me relief under statutes that I might need and deserve.
        Move out to a different state and thus out of the jurisdiction of that immigration court. Judges in New York, San Francisco etc are more understanding about the needs of immigrants then lets say a Judge from Texas or Arizona.

Comment

lived in SF already. Some judges here in Miami are nice though, we just happened to have bad luck. lol

04 Hubby marries USC
          06 Hubby divorces USC no show for interv. w/ USCIS. Case closed w/no deportation order.
          08 DL expires
          7/25/10 file I-130
          9/8/10 Fired lawyer
          12/1/10 next MH

Comment

Originally posted by tessiekenela View Post
            lived in SF already. Some judges here in Miami are nice though, we just happened to have bad luck. lol
            well its not like in your case it would really matter since its an AOS but in asylum cases it does matter who your judge is. You can actually look up your judge's track record on syracuse university's immigration data clearinghouse and get the feel.

Comment

Originally posted by fat_face View Post
              Move out to a different state and thus out of the jurisdiction of that immigration court. Judges in New York, San Francisco etc are more understanding about the needs of immigrants then lets say a Judge from Texas or Arizona.
              What about Chicago based judges. Chicago is a "sanctuary city" and a liberal stronghold, yet that's not quite so true about the surrounding areas so I'm not sure how the judges and adjudicaters are like in Chicago. I'm thinking it's OK but is there any consensus among the immi lawyer community? Illinois itself also has a large number of mexicans and immigrants most especially in Chicago. Not sure how all this adds up.
              Disclaimer: My posts are opinions only, not legal advice. Consult a licenced attorney before acting on any of my opinions.

Comment

http://www.asylumlaw.org/legal_tools...&countryID=194

check out Judges Decisions somewhere in the middle of the site.... and you will know more about their rulings....
                Last edited by Topeka6000; 3rd October 2010, 08:15 AM.
                Sent 485, 245i, I-765, I-864,sealed I-693 Nov 19, 2010
                11/22/2010: Received
                12/1/2010 : Notice Date
                12/4/2010 : Received NOAs
                12/10/2010: Received Biometrics - Done!
                12/22/2010: RFE on CASE STATUS
                01/05/2010: EAD Card production ordered...
                01/12/2010: RFE on taxes and Birth Certificate
                01/13/2010: EAD Received! . while on RFE
                01/13/2010: RFE Sent
                01/18/2011: Interview letter received - RFE was just sent out!
                02/17/2011: Interview!

Comment

Originally posted by Topeka6000 View Post
                  http://www.asylumlaw.org/legal_tools...&countryID=194

check out Judges Decisions somewhere in the middle of the site.... and you will know more about their rulings....
                  Thank you!!
                  You are in Miami as well? Who was your judge?

04 Hubby marries USC
                  08 DL expires
                  7/25/10 file I-130
                  9/8/10 Fired lawyer
                  12/1/10 next MH

Comment

I don't remember her name but she was just appointed last year. The good thing about her is she was a defense attorney and understands the plight of an immigrant.

Comment

Originally posted by praxx View Post
                      praxx, you cannot change Judges! sorry. but you CAN hire an attorney who has conflict of interest w the judge. Then the Judge has the obligation to recuse himself and the clerk of the court will randomly assign another Judge.

Comment

praxx, you cannot change Judges! sorry. but you CAN hire an attorney who has conflict of interest w the judge. Then the Judge has the obligation to recuse himself and the clerk of the court will randomly assign another Judge.
                        Thanks!^^ that's probably what the attorney that I fired did to switch from judge Ford to Sanders...
                        It makes sense now...she sent a criminal lawyer to our first MH with judge Ford claiming she had an "emergency" and couldn't attend herself...then asked me for an extra 500.00 to submit a motion of venue change to which I declined..then, magically I my next MH is with judge Sanders..she claims she was able to do it w/o a motion..She probably just didn't want to deal with judge Ford herself (I don't blame her even if I despise her)

04 Hubby marries USC
                        08 DL expires
                        7/25/10 file I-130
                        9/8/10 Fired lawyer
                        12/1/10 next MH

Comment

Oh wow I have no idea how these elaborate techniques work. I guess an experienced lawyer who knows the system like the back of their hand probably would know this methodology.

Comment

Hmm..I've never had to deal with him, I can't stand when people in our legal system disrespect those simply trying to obey the law.
                            no spam in signature !

Comment

Working...
                            X