Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

US Green Card holder planning to visit Canada (Canadian green card expired) by Car (Buffalo, NY)

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US Green Card holder planning to visit Canada (Canadian green card expired) by Car (Buffalo, NY)

Hi,

My Canadian PR Card has expired. I currently hold a US Green card and I am planning to visit Niagara Falls (Canadian side) for 2-3 days.

I have following two questions :

1). Will I be asked questions regarding my Canadian PR while entering Canada by rental
    car ?

2). While I am asking the above question, I take this opportunity to ask this: Can a person keep both Canadian PR as well as US GC ?

Thanks
    Last edited by dhirendra_sh; 21st July 2011, 11:58 AM.

Kindly help !!

Comment

Originally posted by dhirendra_sh View Post
      Kindly help !!
      Did you find out the answers to your questions? I am in the similar boat, I got canadian gc 5 years ago, never stayed in canada after getting the gc, now i also have u.s. green card and want to travel to canada by road. I am planning to just show my u.s. gc but not sure if they will ask me about my canadian gc - and give me trouble?

Appreciate any help.

Comment

Revokes Canadian GC

Guys
        I wish that things will work the way in which you want.
        But my guess is that your trip will lead to revocation of Canadian GC.
        Oci Card
        03-14-2013 : Submission date
        06-12-2013 Document printed status
        06-17-2013 Dispatched from MOIA
        07-02-2013 Doc received at Washington DC
        07-18-2013 email received from BLS to send the original US passport for matching OCI card
        07-22-2013 by Fedex, original US Passport delivered to BLS
        08-10-2013 - Received email second time from Bls again to send my original US passport .
        Waiting for US passport, cancelled Indian passport, OCI card.

Comment

Working...
        X