Clear All

• L1A Extension - RFE - What are the next steps

Hi,

My current status is :
    I-94 Expired: 31-Jan-2012
    L1B Expired: 31-Jan-2012
    L1A Petition applied on 16-Jan-2012 Premium Processing
    RFE Recieved: 27-Jan-2012.

RFE is asking for Company information and evidence of my activities in foriegn country as manager or executive role.

Question:

If post RFE petetion is rejected, do i have option to apply for L1B while staying in the USA?
    Can I challenge or re-open L1A petition to consider as L1B category ?

Do I need to return to India if my petetion is not approved?

Are these dates correct?

Originally posted by lggoundalkar View Post
    I-94 Expired: 31-Jan-2012
    L1B Expired: 31-Jan-2012
    Regards,
    S K Ghori
    skg@vex.net
    http://www.vex.net/~skg/

**NOTE**
    I underwent the immigration process in both Canada and the US. I hold Pakistani, Canadian and US citizenship.

**DISCLAIMER**
    I am neither a lawyer nor an immigration consultant. My comments should NEVER be considered as legal or professional advice as they are not meant to be such.

Comment

Originally posted by Triple Citizen View Post
      Are these dates correct?
      Yes.

My L1A application was submitted on 16-Jan-2012. However, L1B and I-94 are currently expired.

Comment

Well your EOS was filed before your status expired, so you are good until it is adjudicated.
        I have heard of cases where people went from L-1B to L-1A status but not the other way around. I am not saying that it cannot be done. Keep mind, your total authorised stay in the US will go from 7 years to 5 years in that case.
        If you cannot extend your L-1A status or change to L-1B status, then you will need to return to India.

Originally posted by lggoundalkar View Post
        Yes.

My L1A application was submitted on 16-Jan-2012. However, L1B and I-94 are currently expired.
        Regards,
        S K Ghori
        skg@vex.net
        http://www.vex.net/~skg/

**NOTE**
        I underwent the immigration process in both Canada and the US. I hold Pakistani, Canadian and US citizenship.

**DISCLAIMER**
        I am neither a lawyer nor an immigration consultant. My comments should NEVER be considered as legal or professional advice as they are not meant to be such.

Comment

yNQB3k

Originally posted by Triple Citizen View Post
          Well your EOS was filed before your status expired, so you are good until it is adjudicated.
          I have heard of cases where people went from L-1B to L-1A status but not the other way around. I am not saying that it cannot be done. Keep mind, your total authorised stay in the US will go from 7 years to 5 years in that case.
          If you cannot extend your L-1A status or change to L-1B status, then you will need to return to India.
          Since my current L1B is expired, if L1A application is rejected, can I apply for L1B again staying in the US ? Or USICS will consider original application of L1A and grant L1B instead of L1A ?

Thanks,

Comment

Working...
          X