Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can a visa be rejected because of an overstay of a family member (not applying for the visa)?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can a visa be rejected because of an overstay of a family member (not applying for the visa)?

In case there's a sibling in the US in an overstay, can a visa application be rejected? If applicant himself doesn't have any immigration issues and have a genuine H1B approval - should he be worried because of the sibling refusing to leave the US?
    Disclaimer: The advice written by me was not intended or written to be used, and it cannot be used by any taxpayer, for the purpose of avoiding penalties that may be imposed on the taxpayer. Everything I write or suggest is based on my personal experience and knowledge, and I may be wrong.

Send me a private message if you're interested in help with US State and Federal tax returns (RTRP).

Visit the blog with the tips and tricks any newcomer to the US should learn: The Little Advisor

You or him will not have a problem until you let USCIS know that you will have to depend on him for some reason

Comment

Working...
    X