X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can B1 visa reenter US after 6 months of stay

My mom has multiple entry B1 visa and she stay in the US from Jan - June this year. Can she come back again to visit in October?

I heard that B1 visa can only be in the states for 6 months at most during a year.. is that true?

Thank you

Can someone please reply to the original post? I am in a similar situation and need help immidiately.

Comment

Theoretically she can seek another entry in October. However, entry cannot be guaranteed. The POE officer may give her a hard time for returning so soon after a recent six month stay. The inspector may even deny her entry and send her back. Think of it this way, if she spends more than six months in a rolling 12 month window in the US, is she "visiting" the US or "living" in the US? That is how the POE inspector may think.
      Regards,
      S K Ghori
      skg@vex.net
      http://www.vex.net/~skg/

**NOTE**
      I underwent the immigration process in both Canada and the US. I hold Pakistani, Canadian and US citizenship.

**DISCLAIMER**
      I am neither a lawyer nor an immigration consultant. My comments should NEVER be considered as legal or professional advice as they are not meant to be such.

Comment

Thanks for the response. Will this remain the same in case the first stay was only 3 months long? My mother will stay with us for three months only during this year(May-July). She wants to return to India for one month (August) and then stay with us for 6 months. Will the POE be a problem in this case also?

Are there any recommendations in this situation?

Comment

Working...
        X