Announcement Module
No announcement yet.

transfer E2 visa to different employer????

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
Conversation Detail Module
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • transfer E2 visa to different employer????

    As an expatriate I'm currently working in the usa on an E2 visa. However the company I am working for is starting to send the team I am workin in (including myself) back to the Netherlands. I would prefer to stay here so I am starting to look into the opportunity to leave my company to work for an american company (aerospace engineering).
    My question is: Is it possible to transfer my current E2 visa to another company??? Right now the E2 visa's annotation mentions it is valid for my current company, could I change this however???
    A similar question holds for my wife, she has the same E2 visa, only difference is that it is a spouse dependent one.

    Any info is greatly appreciated!!!!


  • #2
    That's a tough one. It sounds like you are a manager/supervisor type E2 visa holder which would mean that the company you work for in the US would have to be at least 51% Dutch owned (assuming you're a Dutch citizen). Regardless, given the nature of E visas you are pretty much tied to your current company with your current visa. If you have a job offer from a different company in the US you might want to look into switching status to H1B. I don't think there many other options.