Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vistor's visa for my nephew and niece

Hi, I need some advice on the following:
    I would like my nephew - aged 15 yrs (completed) and niece aged 13 to come to USA from India on a visit. They intend to travel to USA along with me when I go to India for a visit. Their interview date is fixed.
    I know the docs I have to provide - I134, bank statemnt etc. But I am not sure about the papers they should produce.
    1.We have the original letter of their mother applying to school authorites for a leave of absence. The school has acknowledged and stamped it.
    2.Photo graph with their parents and kid sister.

What else do they need ? Should there be any document from paents agreeing for their childern to goto USA for vacation - Would this be needed for international travel also(airlines requirement?)?
    Should they produce their parents property holding/employment etc?
    Any little input is appreciated.
    Thankyou

Why do they need an uncle/aunt (as opposed to their parents) to provide some sort of financial guarantee?

Originally posted by appada View Post
    I know the docs I have to provide - I134, bank statemnt etc. But I am not sure about the papers they should produce.
    Regards,
    S K Ghori
    skg@vex.net
    http://www.vex.net/~skg/

**NOTE**
    I underwent the immigration process in both Canada and the US. I hold Pakistani, Canadian and US citizenship.

**DISCLAIMER**
    I am neither a lawyer nor an immigration consultant. My comments should NEVER be considered as legal or professional advice as they are not meant to be such.

Comment

Nephew/niece

Financial guarantee in USA right ? We are in USA and wanted to bring them here for a visit. I am not sure that I understtod your question clearly. Can you please elaborate ?

Comment

Originally posted by appada View Post
        Financial guarantee in USA right ? We are in USA and wanted to bring them here for a visit. I am not sure that I understtod your question clearly. Can you please elaborate ?
        He means, the parents should show that they have strong financial ties to pay for their children to visit the USA. Visit visas do not require a sponsor... you should not submit an I-134 or any financial documents, the only thing you would need is an invitation letter to them with your address and phone numbers and maybe a sample of the itinerary.

Comment

Confused!

I am kind of confused and am also happy that I put this question in this forum. The kids' parents are in (and will be) India and the aunt is in USA and is going to bring the kids alone over for a vacation. The spending will all be in USA. Only very lmited money can be taken in Foreign exchange from Indian Rs to US dollar. This being the case at the most parents will be allowed to spend is for travel and say the limited allowed foreign exchange. Hence the aunt in USA should show proof that she is financially sound to take care of the tourist's expenditure. So I did think that I should provide a I134 - affidavit of support and the kids should submit proof that they will definitely get back to their parents after the holidays. Please do let me know where I am amiss

Comment

kind of understand

After looking at some more questions here , for which Triple citizen responded , I kind of understood why it is not necessary for a 1-134 is not necessary from a USA relative. In view of the above, is it still okay that I submit, 1-134 and show bank statement from here ? Can we submit both bank balances (USA and India(parents) and show preoperty in INdia in parents name? If any one balance is not very high , is that okay?
            Thanks for bringing this point to my attention.

Comment

Working...
            X