Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Affter Landing and requesting Green Card , How long will it take to reach me?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Affter Landing and requesting Green Card , How long will it take to reach me?

    Hello

    I got DV immigrant visa , i will move to USA first time soon , i plan to apply for green card immediately
    when i reach

    i need to know what is expected time to reach me , and can i travel before i take it in hand

    Thanks

  • #2
    I am 3 weeks in the USA and still haven't got anything in the mail...Has anybody received his plastic card?
    Once you get admitted in the USA, you can travel in and out with your temporary immigrant visa.

    Comment


    • #3
      I read on this forum last year that it takes approximatively 2 months to recive the GC
      good luck
      The android app is soon available.
      You will never be bored again, the first social app that really makes your life easier and become a must have.
      Out in less than 5 days
      http://buzztc.com
      Entered Date: Sometime in october 2013
      1st NL Recvd:
      Send To KCC:
      KCC Recvd:
      2ND NL Recvd:
      Interview Date:
      Medicals Report:
      Police Cert:
      Visa Pick-Up:
      P.O.E : San Francisco / Austin / New york city / Boston / Washington DC, Seatle or Portland (or)
      GC Recvd:
      SSN RECIVED:

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by jayo2k View Post
        I read on this forum last year that it takes approximatively 2 months to recive the GC
        good luck
        Actually, it can take up to 6 months, depending in how busy they are.

        Comment


        • #5
          Just received an email from my cousin that my green card arrived in the post yesterday. So that was just over a month for mine. Still waiting for DH and DD's.
          CN : 2012AF00016***
          29 Jul - SA Police Clearance appl
          30 Jul - Submitted forms to KCC
          02 Aug - KCC received forms
          9 Sept - SA Police Clearances received
          8 Oct - NL2 downloaded online
          10 Nov - UAE Police Clearances received
          30 Nov - Medicals completed
          18 Dec - Interview date - AP
          05 Jan - Visa ready to issue
          22 Mar - Entered US. POE NY
          26 Mar - SSN received
          26 Apr - Primary Applicant Green Card received
          30 Apr - DH & DD green cards received.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by dis66 View Post
            I am 3 weeks in the USA and still haven't got anything in the mail...Has anybody received his plastic card?
            Once you get admitted in the USA, you can travel in and out with your temporary immigrant visa.
            I have also been waiting for mine. I arrived on April 3 and i haven't yet received even welcome letter!! Just hoping its on the way :-P

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by AhWah View Post
              I have also been waiting for mine. I arrived on April 3 and i haven't yet received even welcome letter!! Just hoping its on the way :-P
              My POE date was April 4th and so far my mail box is empty

              Lets track progress...

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by dis66 View Post
                My POE date was April 4th and so far my mail box is empty

                Lets track progress...
                Got the welcome letter today!! It was sent on April 26, tracking the case on USCIS website, states that my GC was sent out today! So hopefully i will get it before end of this week..Woot woot

                Comment


                • #9
                  Same Thing!

                  Originally posted by AhWah View Post
                  Got the welcome letter today!! It was sent on April 26, tracking the case on USCIS website, states that my GC was sent out today! So hopefully i will get it before end of this week..Woot woot
                  Glad to hear that and congratulations!!!
                  I got my welcome notice last Saturday and according to the USCIS web page my actual card was sent today, too!
                  The plastic should arrive in 2-3 days.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Once the visa in your passport is endorsed THAT serves as a temporary greencard for one year. As soon as the visa is endorsed you may travel abroad just like any other LPR (lawful permanent resident) or "immigrant" or greencard-holder.....

                    NOTE: If a US LPR needs a visa to visit a country, you need to get one AND your passport must be otherwise OK for travel to any particular country.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Hi friend


                      Recently I hope to reach USA as a GC winner. After collect my GC and SSN, I hope go back to Dubai to continue my job for several months. I need to know how many days or months I can stay out of USA. Then I hope to reach USA again before cancel the my visa. Any body have idea about this matter.


                      Regards

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by SRAA View Post
                        Hi friend


                        Recently I hope to reach USA as a GC winner. After collect my GC and SSN, I hope go back to Dubai to continue my job for several months. I need to know how many days or months I can stay out of USA. Then I hope to reach USA again before cancel the my visa. Any body have idea about this matter.


                        Regards
                        An LPR may stay abroad for less than one year and be readmitted. After you reach one year without prior authorization for more time, the card is no longer good for travel and you would have to apply for a "Returning Resident Visa (SB-1)".

                        An alternative is to apply for a Re-Entry Permit (REP) on form I-131. The I-131 must be submitted by an LPR inside the U.S. and it must be received by USCIS before you may depart or else it MUST be denied.

                        The I-131 requires you to report for biometric as an ASC inside the U.S. Most folks are notified and fingerprinted in as little as 2 or 3 weeks after filing. While you may depart after the form is accepted for filing and you getting fingerprinted, most folks wait around and then depart.

                        The REP may be delivered via a Consulate or USCIS Office abroad (you indicate your desire for that in the initial application).

                        The REP allows you to stay abroad for up to two years. You must embark on your return journey before the REP expires. This only protects you from losing status but the time spent abroad with an REP does not count for naturalization eligibility.
                        Last edited by BigJoe5; 14th May 2012, 07:09 PM.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Mine took 3 months to get to me, they say it can take up to 11 months though so it really depends I guess it can change for each person!

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X