Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

I-131 question - class of admission??

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I-131 question - class of admission??

    1. can anyone please tell me what to fill in for "class of admission" on I-131 form??

    2. Also on Part 7, it says - "please explain on a separate sheet of paper how you qualify for an advance parole"......Do we really have to explain this on a sheet????
    Last edited by rocky_rock; 28th June 2007, 12:08 AM.

  • #2
    Originally posted by rocky_rock View Post
    1. can anyone please tell me what to fill in for "class of admission" on I-131 form??
    H1B if you are on one.....

    2. Also on Part 7, it says - "please explain on a separate sheet of paper how you qualify for an advance parole"......Do we really have to explain this on a sheet????

    your name:
    your address:


    June 1, 2007

    Citizenship & Immigration Service
    Nebraska Service Center
    Lincoln, NE 68501

    RE: A-xxx-xx-xx (if you have one..)
    Application For Advance Parole

    Dear Sir/Madam:

    The purpose of this letter is to request an advance parole document. I anticipate that I will be required to travel abroad for personal reasons to India and elsewhere. I will return to the United States to pursue my adjustment of status application. For this reason, I respectfully request that you grant my request an advance parole valid for multiple entries for as long as possible under your current guidelines.

    Thank you for your kind consideration of this application.

    Sincerely,
    User Name: sahil3
    Country: India
    PD: 05/2003 (EB-3)
    LC AD: 02/23/2007
    I-140/AOS/EAD/AP Filing date: 6/12/07
    Filed at: NSC- Concurrent Filing
    I-140(PP) transferred to TSC - 6/13/2007
    I-140 RD:6/14/2007
    I-140 AD:6/19/2007
    I-485 RD:6/14/2007(got the case # from the back of check)
    I-485 (FP:code 3; 07/12/2007) LUD 7/12/2007
    I-131 (Travel Docs) AD: 06/26/2007

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by sahil3 View Post
      your name:
      your address:


      June 1, 2007

      Citizenship & Immigration Service
      Nebraska Service Center
      Lincoln, NE 68501

      RE: A-xxx-xx-xx (if you have one..)
      Application For Advance Parole

      Dear Sir/Madam:

      The purpose of this letter is to request an advance parole document. I anticipate that I will be required to travel abroad for personal reasons to India and elsewhere. I will return to the United States to pursue my adjustment of status application. For this reason, I respectfully request that you grant my request an advance parole valid for multiple entries for as long as possible under your current guidelines.

      Thank you for your kind consideration of this application.

      Sincerely,

      Does "class of admission" means status of last entry in the US? Last time I had entered US was on F-1, although currently I am on H-1.

      Comment


      • #4
        Class is in passport

        When you entered U.S. last time, your passport would have been stamped with "Admitted" and "Class until". You need to enter this
        DO: San Francisco, CA

        2/11 I-130/485/693/864/765/131 mailed on (Day 1)
        2/19 130/485/765/131 ND (Day 8)
        2/21 Check cashed (Day 10)
        2/22 NOA received, all cases showed up online (Day 11)
        2/25 Fingerprint notice received (Day 14)
        3/01 Walk-in finger print (Day 19)
        3/03 LUD for 765 and 485 (Day 21)
        4/14 EAD Approved (Day 63)
        4/14 AP Approved (Day 63)
        4/21 EAD Card Received (Day 71)
        06/21 IL Received for 8/8 (Day 132)
        11/24 Card Production ordered

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by rocky_rock View Post
          Does "class of admission" means status of last entry in the US? Last time I had entered US was on F-1, although currently I am on H-1.
          "Class of admission" and "current status" are 2 separate things. It's perfectly acceptable to have F-1 as your class of admission and H-1 as your current status. If you still doubt, attach a separate sheet of paper with explanation... But more than likely, they'll get the situation from the attached copy of your I-94 and of your latest H-1 approval notice.
          civ2ru
          EB-1 EA (TSC), World
          I-140 (standalone) RD April 18, 2006
          I-140 AD June 23, 2006
          I-485/EAD/AP RD June 26, 2006
          EAD AD July 7, 2006
          FP (code 3) July 10, 2006
          AP AD August 1, 2006
          I-485 AD August 31, 2006
          Card received September 7, 2006

          Comment


          • #6
            I spoke to my lawyer and she said to leave "class of admission" blank since you do not have a green card yet......Is she right??????

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by rocky_rock View Post
              I spoke to my lawyer and she said to leave "class of admission" blank since you do not have a green card yet......Is she right??????
              What? How odd. All I can say is that I put my entry visa info as "Class of admission" and was approved with no problems or RFEs.
              civ2ru
              EB-1 EA (TSC), World
              I-140 (standalone) RD April 18, 2006
              I-140 AD June 23, 2006
              I-485/EAD/AP RD June 26, 2006
              EAD AD July 7, 2006
              FP (code 3) July 10, 2006
              AP AD August 1, 2006
              I-485 AD August 31, 2006
              Card received September 7, 2006

              Comment


              • #8
                Actually, we had the same question...

                And though a bit old, we find murthy.com says this in I-131 means "current status."

                http://www.murthy.com/news/UDclaadm.html

                Still not perfectly sure though... my spouse will fill out this blank as H1-b (current status) and attach explanation in a separate sheet because her entry status was different (student visa).

                Originally posted by civ2ru View Post
                What? How odd. All I can say is that I put my entry visa info as "Class of admission" and was approved with no problems or RFEs.

                Comment


                • #9
                  geofu54,

                  Beats me... But then I am not an attorney. If you trust murthy.com, then go with their interpretation (and attaching an explanation on a separate sheet is an excellent idea!). Make sure you provide full documentation for your current status, as well as the status of your last entry.

                  Besides, the explanation given at murthy.com sounds MUCH MORE plausible than the one given by rocky_rock's lawyer, "to leave "class of admission" blank since you do not have a green card yet". Putting in current status as "class of admission" makes much more sense that that. Good luck!
                  Last edited by civ2ru; 8th July 2007, 02:03 PM.
                  civ2ru
                  EB-1 EA (TSC), World
                  I-140 (standalone) RD April 18, 2006
                  I-140 AD June 23, 2006
                  I-485/EAD/AP RD June 26, 2006
                  EAD AD July 7, 2006
                  FP (code 3) July 10, 2006
                  AP AD August 1, 2006
                  I-485 AD August 31, 2006
                  Card received September 7, 2006

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Come on, people..

                    Class of admission: The visa you had when you were stamped in at the airport (written on your I-94 card by the immigration inspector). If Advanced Parole, then state "Advanced Parole".

                    Current Status: If you are on the same visa, then same class as above. If you adjusted to any other status in the US after your last entry, then that is your current status.

                    Now if people want to go by the Murthy definition, then that's fine. Your application won't be denied by this little discrepancy since you will still be including the evidence of your status anyway. Murthy is for the most part a good site, but they have displayed some incorrect info before, including a pretty major piece of misinformation recently (I can't remember what exactly now, but it's in my previous posts).
                    Last edited by jk0274; 8th July 2007, 07:31 PM.
                    Adjustment of Status: EB-2 (NIW) at NSC
                    Package RD:2/26/07 | FP1: 3/31/07 | FP2: 7/24/08
                    I-140 AD 6/24/08 no RFE
                    I-485 AD 9/25/08 no RFE

                    If you use the word "issue" instead of the word "problem", I am much less likely to respond to you. I am also somewhat less likely to respond if you use the word "back" instead of "ago", or if you use the word "back" immediately after the word "return".

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Hey civ2ru and jk0274,

                      Thanks for the reply. Actually, my understanding is the same as yours. We searched online just to make doubly sure and found the murthy's article, which confused us (hence "still not perfectly sure though..." in my previous post).

                      Either way, we will take the safe side and include both the information with a clear explanation. Yeah, MUCH BETTER to leave it blank, no doubt about it

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X