Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

I 140 Approval with "Case was shipped to the Department of State for visa processing"

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I 140 Approval with "Case was shipped to the Department of State for visa processing"

Hi Folks,

I got the below message from USCIS about my I140 (I have chosen consular process during my I 140 filing and my priority date is Nov 2003). Can someone help me to understand the below message and advice what I should do next? I have H1B, Canadian passport holder, Currently live in Canada. Thanks much.

Application Type: I140 , IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR ALIEN WORKER

Current Status: Case was shipped to the Department of State for visa processing.

On May 19, 2009, we shipped this approved or re-affirmed case to the Department of State for visa processing. For more information, please contact them directly.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

Good luck pal..you are one among the luckiest chaps to get a visa number allocated. Gohead and collect ur GC since they found ur case to a available visa number. You should be getting your card soon.

Comment

You will be contacted soon by the US consulate in Montreal.

Originally posted by affinity View Post
      Can someone help me to understand the below message and advice what I should do next?
      Regards,
      S K Ghori
      skg@vex.net
      http://www.vex.net/~skg/

**NOTE**
      I underwent the immigration process in both Canada and the US. I hold Pakistani, Canadian and US citizenship.

**DISCLAIMER**
      I am neither a lawyer nor an immigration consultant. My comments should NEVER be considered as legal or professional advice as they are not meant to be such.

Comment

you card will be ready at consular office where ever you asked to process... congratulations !!

Comment

Working...
        X