Clear All

• EAD Approved. Can I job hop now?

Hi Everybody,

My EAD is approved and actually in my hands. Thing of beauty

Here's my timeline:
    ND: 27th March, 2006
    FP: 9th April, 2006
    AD: 7th June, 2006.

I am currently on H1. Now that I have got the EAD, can I switch jobs without any restrictions now? Any more things to look out for now OR can I just pick one offer and my EAD(valid for 1 year) should be enough to show that I am allowed to work in the country.

I would like to thank people in this forum. Forums like this make this horribly long confusing process more manageable and bearable.
    Last edited by fornehal; 13th June 2006, 04:31 PM. Reason: Typo

I don't know about your first questions, but looks to me like you're ready to go! Congratulations!
    Did you have an RFE? Just wondering.

Comment

you mean Request for Evidence.

Nope. Did not receive such a thing. Mailed the appication, got the receipts for I-765 & I-485. Then got the letter for Finger Printing. then got the approval for I-765. I-485 obviously is still pending. Btw, I applied my I-131 based on my wife's GC. When my priority date for I-131 became current earlier this year, I applied for EAD/485.

Am I missing anything here?
      Last edited by fornehal; 13th June 2006, 04:48 PM.

Comment

Sorry about the confusion
        An RFE is a Request for further Evidence. Sounds like you didn't get one (which is good).
        I was just wondering, because I had got one and I haven't got my EAD yet. I'm always trying to compare timelines with people who had an RFE, too, just to get a better idea as to how much of a delay to expect.

Anyway, congrats again!

Comment

Not missing anything, everything sounds good. (Except you mean the I-130 petition, I-131 is the Advance Parole, but that's ok, I keep confusing the numbers too!)

Comment

Working...
          X