Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long it takes to get the Greencard after receiving EAD/AP card?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long it takes to get the Greencard after receiving EAD/AP card?

Hi all,

I would like to know that how long it takes to get the Greencard after receiving EAD/AP card for the parents for whom GC is filed on AOS basis.

Please share your experiences.

Thanks in advance.
    Sam

Depends on the the date and outcome of the interview. If successful after interview it should take 6-8 weeks max.

Comment

Originally posted by nkm-oct23 View Post
      Depends on the the date and outcome of the interview. If successful after interview it should take 6-8 weeks max.

In my case, my mother directly got EAD/AP combo card valid for 1 year. She did not have to give any interview.
      Sam

Comment

The time frame to watch is the time since filing the I-485, not since EAD/AP approval. You can expect their GC 3-6 months after the I-485 was filed.
        Last edited by Jackolantern; 28th December 2012, 08:07 PM.

EB3 ROW I-485 Approved: July 2007
        USC: July 2013
        I am a layman, not a lawyer. What I write here is not official or professional legal advice. In addition, my answers on this forum are specific to the scenarios discussed in each thread and should not be generalized to other situations.

Comment

Originally posted by sshah1001 View Post
          In my case, my mother directly got EAD/AP combo card valid for 1 year. She did not have to give any interview.
          Interview is for I-485, not for EAD/AP.

Comment

Hi, please note that after finger printing, she directly received EAD/AP card. I have heard that for old parents, they do not have to appear for any interviews.
            Sam

Comment

Originally posted by sshah1001 View Post
              Hi, please note that after finger printing, she directly received EAD/AP card. I have heard that for old parents, they do not have to appear for any interviews.
              In most cases, parents are REQUIRED to be interviewed unless original or certified copies of supporting documents are submitted.

Comment

It has been more than a month since she received EAD/AP card. How long shall we wait for the next step before calling their customer services number?
                Sam

Comment

Working...
                X