X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I 485 Interview

My wife filed petition I 130 for me back in 2006 and we were interviewed in early 2007. Our application was pending for longest time due to Name check and then I 130 and I 485 applications were denied because on suspicion of Sham marriage. Wife filed appeal with BIA which turned in our favor

Recently USCIS local office sent me a letter for an I 485 interview and asked me to show up there with documentation. I am out for work for past couple of years because I don't have work permit and I am not able afford an attorney.

Any body was in the same situation and was called for I 485 after I 130 interview.
    Do I need to take my wife as I don't want to do more than what they want?

Originally posted by ehsan7 View Post
    My wife filed petition I 130 for me back in 2006 and we were interviewed in early 2007. Our application was pending for longest time due to Name check and then I 130 and I 485 applications were denied because on suspicion of Sham marriage. Wife filed appeal with BIA which turned in our favor

Recently USCIS local office sent me a letter for an I 485 interview and asked me to show up there with documentation. I am out for work for past couple of years because I don't have work permit and I am not able afford an attorney.

Any body was in the same situation and was called for I 485 after I 130 interview.
    Do I need to take my wife as I don't want to do more than what they want?
    Yes, since it is your marriage based I-485 it is better to take your wife with you. Since it is your marriage based I-485, I do not think that you need to worry about your employment. You can wait for some experts comments on this thread.
    Oci Card
    03-14-2013 : Submission date
    06-12-2013 Document printed status
    06-17-2013 Dispatched from MOIA
    07-02-2013 Doc received at Washington DC
    07-18-2013 email received from BLS to send the original US passport for matching OCI card
    07-22-2013 by Fedex, original US Passport delivered to BLS
    08-10-2013 - Received email second time from Bls again to send my original US passport .
    Waiting for US passport, cancelled Indian passport, OCI card.

Comment

Originally posted by ehsan7 View Post

You won the BIA appeal, so they would have reinstated your I-485, making you eligible for employment authorization again. Did USCIS deny your applications for employment authorization, or did you just (wrongly) assume you were not eligible?

Bring your wife to the interview, and also bring evidence of still living together (bank statements, lease, etc.).
      Last edited by Jackolantern; 23rd September 2012, 09:54 AM.

EB3 ROW I-485 Approved: July 2007
      USC: July 2013
      I am a layman, not a lawyer. What I write here is not official or professional legal advice. In addition, my answers on this forum are specific to the scenarios discussed in each thread and should not be generalized to other situations.

Comment

Working...
      X