X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Italy/Milan, Paris/France Transit Visa

Currently I have H1B visa stampped on my passport.

I will have to change flights A] At Paris while going
    B] Milan/ Italy while coming back. My questions are

1] Do I need a transit visa for Paris?

2] At the time of CP interview they cancel your H1B
    Visa in your passport. Then what kind of visa I will be showing at Milan? Becuase I will be getting Plastic Card latter.

3] Do they stamp your passport with immigrant visa in same way like H1B [ looks same like H1B with your Photo Etc.?]

4] Will I need new visa for Milan? Or Immgrant Visa stamp in passport should be enouhg?

Thanks for your reply.

GrrenMD

Hi GreenMD by response marked by ***
    Originally posted by GreenMD2003
    Currently I have H1B visa stampped on my passport.

I will have to change flights A] At Paris while going
    B] Milan/ Italy while coming back. My questions are

1] Do I need a transit visa for Paris?
    *** please check the url: http://www.consulfrance-newyork.org/...orttransit.htm
    Basically if your layover/stopover is less then 6 hours and if you have a valid USA visa then you will not require a Airport Transit Visa

2] At the time of CP interview they cancel your H1B
    Visa in your passport. Then what kind of visa I will be showing at Milan? Becuase I will be getting Plastic Card latter.
    *** You will not be required to show your visa at Milan - The airline officials at Mumbai will not let you board the flight if you do not have a USA Visa.

3] Do they stamp your passport with immigrant visa in same way like H1B [ looks same like H1B with your Photo Etc.?]

*** From what I have gathered on the forum, on successful interview at the US Consulate, they will stamp your passport. This stamp is valid for travel and to enter US for a year

4] Will I need new visa for Milan? Or Immgrant Visa stamp in passport should be enouhg?
    *** The stamp should be enough

Thanks for your reply.

GrrenMD
    Note: I am not a lawyer and this is not a legal opinion

Comment

Thank You Vrajeshj.

GreenMD

Comment

Working...
      X