Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

N-400 Re-Interview

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • N-400 Re-Interview

    Has anyone had any experience with a re-interview with N-400. On my first interview in Jan 2009, the IO told me that he had to go through the file before making any decision. He said it wouldnt be long as he didnt see any issues. I have been waiting since then with no reply from USCIS on my case. They finally asked me to come in tommorow for a re-interview. My only question is, do they retest the civics/english again. I passed both on my first interview already. Please reply ASAP..A few more hours to go till interview.

  • #2
    Originally posted by viper78 View Post
    Has anyone had any experience with a re-interview with N-400. On my first interview in Jan 2009, the IO told me that he had to go through the file before making any decision. He said it wouldnt be long as he didnt see any issues. I have been waiting since then with no reply from USCIS on my case. They finally asked me to come in tommorow for a re-interview. My only question is, do they retest the civics/english again. I passed both on my first interview already. Please reply ASAP..A few more hours to go till interview.
    You won't be tested again. Since your original interview was over 2 years ago, they want to update your records.

    On a side note, over two years and no word until now? You should have sued under 1447(b) a long time ago. What were the reasons that the IO wanted to go over your file? Were there any complications with your case?
    USC as of 09/09/08

    I am not an lawyer. My advice is based purely on personal experience. For legal advice, please consult an immigration attorney.

    Comment


    • #3
      I contacted them multiple times and was told that they were reviewing my case. No other info was given to me. I contacted the Local Senator and got his office involved. The senator's rep dealt with them which I why I finally got the re-interview. My case is pretty clear cut. I dont have any illegal stuff associated with my case. I dont understand why it took them this long, but I guess I will find out tommorow what the hold up was. Thanks for your reply.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by viper78 View Post
        I contacted them multiple times and was told that they were reviewing my case. No other info was given to me. I contacted the Local Senator and got his office involved. The senator's rep dealt with them which I why I finally got the re-interview. My case is pretty clear cut. I dont have any illegal stuff associated with my case. I dont understand why it took them this long, but I guess I will find out tommorow what the hold up was. Thanks for your reply.
        Did the Senator's office tell you what the reason for such a long delay with your case was? Did it have to do with background checks/FBI name check? Missing portions of the A-file? Or something else?
        N-400 [Chicago office, via Nebraska Service Cntr]
        Rec'd date: 12/06/2006
        FP notice date: 12/20/2006
        FP taken (Indianapolis): 01/11/2007
        2nd FP notice 09/09/2008
        2ndFP taken (Indianapolis) 09/26/2008
        Interview letter 01/24/2009
        Interview 03/26/2009 (completed)
        Oath letter rec'd 04/29/09
        Oath date 05/14/09 (completed)
        U.S. pssprt applied and rec'd (Chicago pssprt agency) 05/22/2009

        I am not a lawyer. Anything I say here is my personal opinion and should not be viewed as legal advice.

        Comment


        • #5
          They told the Senator's rep that the delay was due to my history in America. I came here 16 years ago. Went to university and graduated here. Met my husband in College. We got married a few months after graduation. I have two beautiful kids with him and yes, we are still together. Since I know that I dont have any bad history in America, it makes no sense for them to have delayed this so long.

          Comment


          • #6
            It is probably because it took you a long time to file Citizenship. I remember my grandmother was asked way back by the IO, why it took her 20 yrs before she filed Citizenship.
            N-400 - 5 Yr Residence
            DO Norfolk VA

            April 26 - Sent the N-400 Documents to Lewisville TX.
            April 27 - Received and signed
            April 27 - Priority Date
            April 29 - Check Cashed/Posted in Bank. Deposited check April 28.
            May 2 - Received NOA in the mail
            May 3 - Email FP Notice Sent
            May 6 - FP Letter received (May 31)
            May 10 - FP Walk-in. ASC USCIS Norfolk, VA.
            May 16 - Testing and Interview
            Aug 31 - Interview Date
            Oct 17 - Oath Norfolk Court House, Granby St.

            Comment


            • #7
              Did you apply with the 3-year marriage rule? If yes, you'll need to bring updated evidence to the interview to show that your marriage is still intact ... bank statements, tax transcripts, joint lease/mortgage statements etc.

              EB3 ROW I-485 Approved: July 2007
              USC: July 2013
              I am a layman, not a lawyer. What I write here is not official or professional legal advice. In addition, my answers on this forum are specific to the scenarios discussed in each thread and should not be generalized to other situations.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by viper78 View Post
                My only question is, do they retest the civics/english again.
                No, you won't be required to take English/civic test again since you passed them the first time around.Sounds like your case was gathering dust on some IOs desk pile.If they required additional information to adjudicate your case they would/could have done so long ago.
                Last edited by Bobsmyth; 8th May 2011, 06:36 PM.
                Sent N-400 7/28/07
                PD 7/27/07
                Check cashed 12/5/07
                NOA 12/7/07
                FP notice 1/4/08 (received 1/10/08 )
                FP Date 1/30/08 (walk in done on 1/26/08 Charlotte)
                IL: 6/10/08
                ID: 8/28/08 (Durham DO) Passed!
                OL: 9/23/08
                OD: 10/06/08
                PP: 10/21/08 (applied)
                PP: 11/1/08 (received)
                ------------------------------------------

                ------------------------------------
                IMPORTANT NOTE: I am a Volunteer Moderator - one of you. I am not a lawyer. So act accordingly.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by gaby214 View Post
                  It is probably because it took you a long time to file Citizenship. I remember my grandmother was asked way back by the IO, why it took her 20 yrs before she filed Citizenship.
                  Perhaps. Or, perhaps not. I received my green card in 1992 (that is 19 years ago). Last February, I submitted my N-400 and received my naturalization certificate only 72 days later When it comes to why and how USCIS does what it does, it isn't always that clear cut.

                  N-400 | DO: Dallas
                  --------------------
                  2011
                  [00] 02/15 N-400 sent.
                  [01] 02/16 PD / N-400 delivered.
                  [08] 02/23 I-797C (NOA) received.
                  [13] 02/28 FP notice received.
                  [15] 03/02 Early (walk-in) FP denied.
                  [34] 03/21 FP (scheduled) done.
                  [37] 03/24 Case transferred to local office.
                  [39] 03/26 IL received.
                  [72] 04/28 Interview and Oath done.
                  [73] 04/29 PP application (non-expedited).
                  [85] 05/11 PP received.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I was approved!!!!Oath ceremony soon. Thanks to all that replied.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X