Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

N-400 denied after interview

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • N-400 denied after interview

    Hello,

    I've a following problem. my N-400 was denied during: did not reside in State at least 90 days ( I've changed addresses and was ~ 75-80 days resided in States when application was submitted ).

    I've received a official decision Form N-335.

    Would someone help me with next steps? They ask i want request for Hearing on Decision in Naturalization Proceedings Section 336 of the Act, together with a fee of $650.

    Would that help me ? or Can I resubmit my N-400 application again because now I am more than 90 days reside in State.

    Thanks in advance.

  • #2
    Originally posted by amaga View Post
    Hello,

    I've a following problem. my N-400 was denied during: did not reside in State at least 90 days ( I've changed addresses and was ~ 75-80 days resided in States when application was submitted ).

    I've received a official decision Form N-335.

    Would someone help me with next steps? They ask i want request for Hearing on Decision in Naturalization Proceedings Section 336 of the Act, together with a fee of $650.

    Would that help me ? or Can I resubmit my N-400 application again because now I am more than 90 days reside in State.

    Thanks in advance.
    Was the denial letter (N-335) handed in to you at the interview? Or did you receive it by mail?

    In terms of what to do next, I suggest that you simply re-file a new N-400 now. By now you must have satisfied the 3 months state/district residency requirement, so there would be no problem in this regard with a new N-400. An appeal of the denial is more expensive, more lengthy and less certain in terms of the outcome than filing a new N-400.
    N-400 [Chicago office, via Nebraska Service Cntr]
    Rec'd date: 12/06/2006
    FP notice date: 12/20/2006
    FP taken (Indianapolis): 01/11/2007
    2nd FP notice 09/09/2008
    2ndFP taken (Indianapolis) 09/26/2008
    Interview letter 01/24/2009
    Interview 03/26/2009 (completed)
    Oath letter rec'd 04/29/09
    Oath date 05/14/09 (completed)
    U.S. pssprt applied and rec'd (Chicago pssprt agency) 05/22/2009

    I am not a lawyer. Anything I say here is my personal opinion and should not be viewed as legal advice.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by baikal3 View Post
      Was the denial letter (N-335) handed in to you at the interview? Or did you receive it by mail?
      Thanks for so quick reply.
      yes, I received it by mail today and thinking what to do.. Is it legal to resubmit now (I am 5 months now in State) ?

      Do you know if I need to pass civic test again ? or just fingerprint...

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by amaga View Post
        Thanks for so quick reply.
        yes, I received it by mail today and thinking what to do.. Is it legal to resubmit now (I am 5 months now in State) ?

        Do you know if I need to pass civic test again ? or just fingerprint...
        Yes, it is perfectly OK for you to resubmit a new N-400 now. If you do that, you'll have to do everything from scratch - pay the application fee, do the fingerprinting, have another interview, pass English/civics, etc.
        N-400 [Chicago office, via Nebraska Service Cntr]
        Rec'd date: 12/06/2006
        FP notice date: 12/20/2006
        FP taken (Indianapolis): 01/11/2007
        2nd FP notice 09/09/2008
        2ndFP taken (Indianapolis) 09/26/2008
        Interview letter 01/24/2009
        Interview 03/26/2009 (completed)
        Oath letter rec'd 04/29/09
        Oath date 05/14/09 (completed)
        U.S. pssprt applied and rec'd (Chicago pssprt agency) 05/22/2009

        I am not a lawyer. Anything I say here is my personal opinion and should not be viewed as legal advice.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by amaga View Post
          my N-400 was denied during: did not reside in State at least 90 days ( I've changed addresses and was ~ 75-80 days resided in States when application was submitted ).
          Before you reapply, make sure you read the guide and that you meet all the eligibility requirements.

          http://www.uscis.gov/files/article/M-476.pdf
          Sent N-400 7/28/07
          PD 7/27/07
          Check cashed 12/5/07
          NOA 12/7/07
          FP notice 1/4/08 (received 1/10/08 )
          FP Date 1/30/08 (walk in done on 1/26/08 Charlotte)
          IL: 6/10/08
          ID: 8/28/08 (Durham DO) Passed!
          OL: 9/23/08
          OD: 10/06/08
          PP: 10/21/08 (applied)
          PP: 11/1/08 (received)
          ------------------------------------------

          ------------------------------------
          IMPORTANT NOTE: I am a Volunteer Moderator - one of you. I am not a lawyer. So act accordingly.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Bobsmyth View Post
            Before you reapply, make sure you read the guide and that you meet all the eligibility requirements.

            M-476.pdf
            Thanks, here from M-476.df
            22. Can I reapply for naturalization if USCIS denies my application?
            If your application is denied, the denial letter should indicate the date you may reapply for citizenship.

            As I said in first post, I received "Form N-335" and I don't see the date I may reapply.. just explanation why was declined and N-336 form if want.

            Comment


            • #7
              Here a letter I received from USCIS

              please see attachment.Name:  d19d9f227c980f6b75696d0cbbbb13df.pdf
Views: 1
Size:  349.0 KB

              Comment


              • #8
                Since there is no date restriction on rejection letter on when you can reapply, you can apply immediately as long as you meet all the requirements (physical presence, continuous residency, good moral character, etc..)
                Sent N-400 7/28/07
                PD 7/27/07
                Check cashed 12/5/07
                NOA 12/7/07
                FP notice 1/4/08 (received 1/10/08 )
                FP Date 1/30/08 (walk in done on 1/26/08 Charlotte)
                IL: 6/10/08
                ID: 8/28/08 (Durham DO) Passed!
                OL: 9/23/08
                OD: 10/06/08
                PP: 10/21/08 (applied)
                PP: 11/1/08 (received)
                ------------------------------------------

                ------------------------------------
                IMPORTANT NOTE: I am a Volunteer Moderator - one of you. I am not a lawyer. So act accordingly.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Thanks everybody, I just reapplied..

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X