Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dress code for the Citizenship Interview

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Dress code for the Citizenship Interview

    what is the dress code for the citizenshi interview for both men and women. I have an interview coming up soon. So was curious what the dress code was?

  • #2
    Originally posted by alexd View Post
    what is the dress code for the citizenshi interview for both men and women. I have an interview coming up soon. So was curious what the dress code was?
    You should dress as if it is a very serious job interview
    (that is an interview for job like bank managers, IT
    director etc not like a job interview for cashier in a
    supermarket)
    03/25/2009 - N400 sent
    04/28/2009 - FP
    05/15/2009 - IL received but interview was descheduled three times over a 7 month period
    01/07/2010 - The USCIS interview receptionist called by phone for interview appointment next tuesday
    01/12/2010 - Interview (20 min - decision can not be made)
    02/06/2010 - Oath letter received
    02/24/2010 - Oath
    03/04/2010 - Passport application
    03/24/2010 - passport book received
    03/26/2010 - passport card received & certificate returned

    Comment


    • #3
      There's no official dress code, but shorts, open toes shoes, t-shirts etc.. are not recommended. You can't go wrong with business casual.
      Sent N-400 7/28/07
      PD 7/27/07
      Check cashed 12/5/07
      NOA 12/7/07
      FP notice 1/4/08 (received 1/10/08 )
      FP Date 1/30/08 (walk in done on 1/26/08 Charlotte)
      IL: 6/10/08
      ID: 8/28/08 (Durham DO) Passed!
      OL: 9/23/08
      OD: 10/06/08
      PP: 10/21/08 (applied)
      PP: 11/1/08 (received)
      ------------------------------------------

      ------------------------------------
      IMPORTANT NOTE: I am a Volunteer Moderator - one of you. I am not a lawyer. So act accordingly.

      Comment


      • #4
        Sneakers (fairly new), dress pants, nice polo, but then I am in California and we prefer a bit more casual.

        Compared to others, I felt overdressed.

        10/22/2007 N-400 Received (Sacramento)
        10/22/2007 Priority Date
        11/27/2007 NOA 365 Days
        1/4/2008 FP Notice
        1/29/2008 FP done and clear
        3/29/2008 IL received
        5/5/2008 IL appointment
        5/12/2008 Oath letter
        5/28/2008 Oath appointment
        5/29/2008 PP submitted
        5/29/2008 PP received

        Comment


        • #5
          Can one wear clothese that can provide a lot of information on civic tests?

          For one thing, one can have a US flag on his shirt for question"what are three colors of the national flag?"
          03/25/2009 - N400 sent
          04/28/2009 - FP
          05/15/2009 - IL received but interview was descheduled three times over a 7 month period
          01/07/2010 - The USCIS interview receptionist called by phone for interview appointment next tuesday
          01/12/2010 - Interview (20 min - decision can not be made)
          02/06/2010 - Oath letter received
          02/24/2010 - Oath
          03/04/2010 - Passport application
          03/24/2010 - passport book received
          03/26/2010 - passport card received & certificate returned

          Comment


          • #6
            No US flag thongs allowed at interview.
            Sent N-400 7/28/07
            PD 7/27/07
            Check cashed 12/5/07
            NOA 12/7/07
            FP notice 1/4/08 (received 1/10/08 )
            FP Date 1/30/08 (walk in done on 1/26/08 Charlotte)
            IL: 6/10/08
            ID: 8/28/08 (Durham DO) Passed!
            OL: 9/23/08
            OD: 10/06/08
            PP: 10/21/08 (applied)
            PP: 11/1/08 (received)
            ------------------------------------------

            ------------------------------------
            IMPORTANT NOTE: I am a Volunteer Moderator - one of you. I am not a lawyer. So act accordingly.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by WBH View Post
              Can one wear clothese that can provide a lot of information on civic tests?

              For one thing, one can have a US flag on his shirt for question"what are three colors of the national flag?"
              No, that's cheating, you would be deported.
              Also, if you wear a US flag pin with Obama's face on, that's 2 hints and it could be criminal charges....
              N-400
              DO: New York City
              PD: 07/28/09
              NOA Received (dated 07/29/09): 08/01/09
              FP Notice: 08/06/09 (received 08/10/09)
              FP Appt: 08/12/09
              IL: 10/02/09 (notice date: 09/29/09)
              ID: 11/10/09 - Approved!
              OL: 11/10/09
              OD: 11/13/09 - Done - USC

              Comment


              • #8
                When I arrived at my interview, I felt like an idiot.
                I was the ONLY one wearing shirt/tie/long pants.
                There were roughly 70 other people waiting for N400
                naturalisation interviews. Most were dresses casually,
                as if they're at the local shopping mall. A few ladies
                were wearing traditional Arab dresses(sorry, but I don't
                know what those are called)

                There were two women who were very revealing clothes.
                All the men stared at her enormous cleavage. (myself
                including, even though I'm a happily married man) Paris
                Hilton couldn't dress more provcatively herself.

                That afternoon, one of those well-endowed ladies was
                sitting next to me at the oath ceremony. She was
                ahead of me when receiving the certificates. I noticed the
                USCIS disctric office director staring at her magnificent
                cleavage for at least 10 seconds.

                Comment


                • #9
                  how aboput two piece suit

                  As Bobsmyth suggested you can't go wrong with Business Casuals or if you like you can go in a suit. Depends on how concious you are about being dressed up

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by TriCitizen View Post
                    When I arrived at my interview, I felt like an idiot.
                    I was the ONLY one wearing shirt/tie/long pants.
                    There were roughly 70 other people waiting for N400
                    naturalisation interviews. Most were dresses casually,
                    as if they're at the local shopping mall. A few ladies
                    were wearing traditional Arab dresses(sorry, but I don't
                    know what those are called)

                    There were two women who were very revealing clothes.
                    All the men stared at her enormous cleavage. (myself
                    including, even though I'm a happily married man) Paris
                    Hilton couldn't dress more provcatively herself.

                    That afternoon, one of those well-endowed ladies was
                    sitting next to me at the oath ceremony. She was
                    ahead of me when receiving the certificates. I noticed the
                    USCIS disctric office director staring at her magnificent
                    cleavage for at least 10 seconds.
                    Only in America will you find a woman in hijab and a woman with revealing clothes in same room..one extreme to another.

                    Ok, ok..you can find this in other countries as well, but you get the point.
                    Sent N-400 7/28/07
                    PD 7/27/07
                    Check cashed 12/5/07
                    NOA 12/7/07
                    FP notice 1/4/08 (received 1/10/08 )
                    FP Date 1/30/08 (walk in done on 1/26/08 Charlotte)
                    IL: 6/10/08
                    ID: 8/28/08 (Durham DO) Passed!
                    OL: 9/23/08
                    OD: 10/06/08
                    PP: 10/21/08 (applied)
                    PP: 11/1/08 (received)
                    ------------------------------------------

                    ------------------------------------
                    IMPORTANT NOTE: I am a Volunteer Moderator - one of you. I am not a lawyer. So act accordingly.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Bobsmyth View Post
                      Only in America will you find a woman in hijab and a woman with revealing clothes in same room..one extreme to another.

                      Ok, ok..you can find this in other countries as well, but you get the point.

                      that didn't even occur to me until you mentioned it just now.

                      two extremes indeed!

                      Only in America! It's a wonderful country!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Bobsmyth View Post
                        Only in America will you find a woman in hijab and a woman with revealing clothes in same room..one extreme to another.

                        Ok, ok..you can find this in other countries as well, but you get the point.
                        You can see plenty of them in Dubai too!
                        N-400
                        DO: New York City
                        PD: 07/28/09
                        NOA Received (dated 07/29/09): 08/01/09
                        FP Notice: 08/06/09 (received 08/10/09)
                        FP Appt: 08/12/09
                        IL: 10/02/09 (notice date: 09/29/09)
                        ID: 11/10/09 - Approved!
                        OL: 11/10/09
                        OD: 11/13/09 - Done - USC

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X