Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• g-56 Form

Hi everyone,

I recieved this G-56 form for an interview? It is saying that it is regarding my naturalization application (for which I already have an interview in september).

But the G-56 interview is in August.

What could this be for?

I got my derivative asylum thru my parent, and got my for green card few years ago. And applied for citizenship last year. I was adult when I got my green card.

Any help is appreciated it.

Thanks,

Did the G-56 come direct from your local DO? Most regular interview letters are sent by the SC, so perhaps the DO wants to reschedule your interview sooner and decided to use the G-56 letter as the method to update you.
    USC 7/14/2006

Comment

My interview (main one) is scheduled at the Asylum Office i don't know why.

But g-56 interview is at field office. But the way I didn't send in my copies of greencard and photos when I filled out my N-400. So it says here:

Reason for Appointment:

1) Complete application, petition or appeal process

2) In regards to your N-400 application, personal interview

if above is the case, why a personal interview?

Comment

The G-56 is a General Call In Letter that is requesting you to bring additional evidence. My guess is that they first scheduled interview, then an IO pre-screened your application and found some additional evidence is required and sent out the G-56 form.
        Talk to an IO by phone or Infopass to confirm if you need to attend both interviews.
        Sent N-400 7/28/07
        PD 7/27/07
        Check cashed 12/5/07
        NOA 12/7/07
        FP notice 1/4/08 (received 1/10/08 )
        FP Date 1/30/08 (walk in done on 1/26/08 Charlotte)
        IL: 6/10/08
        ID: 8/28/08 (Durham DO) Passed!
        OL: 9/23/08
        OD: 10/06/08
        PP: 10/21/08 (applied)
        PP: 11/1/08 (received)
        ------------------------------------------

------------------------------------
        IMPORTANT NOTE: I am a Volunteer Moderator - one of you. I am not a lawyer. So act accordingly.

Comment

Working...
        X