Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

What information is on the Certificate of Naturalization?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What information is on the Certificate of Naturalization?

Hi,

What information other than the Name and Date of Naturalization is included in the Certificate ?.

Is there a site where a sample Certificate can be viewed?.

Thanks
    EastBay_003

Your name, your picture, your signature, the date, a paragraph stating that the secretary of the department of homeland security has evaluated your application and decided that you meet the requirements and that you took the oath of citizenship (more or less).

There is also a certificate number, and, I think your A# might be on it as well.

Maybe your birth date?

Why are you asking?

Comment

Originally posted by EastBay_003
      Hi,

What information other than the Name and Date of Naturalization is included in the Certificate ?.

Is there a site where a sample Certificate can be viewed?.

Thanks
      EastBay_003
      Try the following site: http://www.newcitizen.us/after.html

I don't know how current the information is but will give you an idea as to how the certificate looks.

Comment

It also has "Former Nationality", though it means nothing if your former country(ies) does not consider the US oath of allegiance as your renounciation of citizenship. In my case, both Pakistan and Canada still consider me their citizen exclusively.

Originally posted by Flydog
        Your name, your picture, your signature, the date, a paragraph stating that the secretary of the department of homeland security has evaluated your application and decided that you meet the requirements and that you took the oath of citizenship (more or less).

There is also a certificate number, and, I think your A# might be on it as well.

Maybe your birth date?

Why are you asking?
        Regards,
        S K Ghori
        skg@vex.net
        http://www.vex.net/~skg/

**NOTE**
        I underwent the immigration process in both Canada and the US. I hold Pakistani, Canadian and US citizenship.

**DISCLAIMER**
        I am neither a lawyer nor an immigration consultant. My comments should NEVER be considered as legal or professional advice as they are not meant to be such.

Comment

Working...
        X