Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Passport-Tracking-Online Status

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Passport-Tracking-Online Status

    Hello there,
    I would like to post my experience with the passport process.
    I paid $127.00 for expedited service.
    I also paid $30.00 for post office execution.
    and paid $28.80 for overnight deliver both ways
    Total is $185.80.

    However, they didn't give me the express receipt so i can't track the package on the way to the agency. They gave me the tracking code for the return package, and i was told that They would mail me the tracking code!!

    Anyway, It's been 5 days now and I can't see my account information in the www.travel.state.gov website.

    Any help about this situation or any similar experiences. When should i expect the "BLUE" to be at my door?!

    Thanks,
    SONY

  • #2
    I cannot find the status online either. But based on other folks' experience, that is not uncommon.

    If you are very anxious, call the 800 number and they will find it for you. Otherwise, it usually shows up in 10 total days or about 6 business days.

    As an aside, it is interesting that you paid 28.80 for overnight delivery. I only paid 14.40 and the post office told me they take care of sending it overnight to the State Department (covered in the $30 fee). DKS had the same experience. I guess it depends from post office to post office.

    Comment


    • #3
      We expedited two passports so far. In one case, it didn't show up on the tracking site until the day they shipped it back to us (about a week after we submitted it).

      If you phone the 800 number, you will actually talk to a voice who can find out what's happening.

      These guys aren't the USCIS -- they seem efficient.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Flydog
        We expedited two passports so far. In one case, it didn't show up on the tracking site until the day they shipped it back to us (about a week after we submitted it).

        If you phone the 800 number, you will actually talk to a voice who can find out what's happening.

        These guys aren't the USCIS -- they seem efficient.
        Thank you,
        However, i called the 800 number, and the guy told us that it would take 10 days to get through their system. I was like wow buddy, i should have it back by then. I even told them that the website and the lady at the post office said i should have the passport back in 10 business days or less! He tried to tell me , " no sir, that's not accurate" I told him the website says two weeks, he mentioned the same broken record, "sir, that's not accurate"!

        Sony
        Last edited by Sony2006; 1st September 2006, 11:24 PM.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Shribuy
          I cannot find the status online either. But based on other folks' experience, that is not uncommon.

          If you are very anxious, call the 800 number and they will find it for you. Otherwise, it usually shows up in 10 total days or about 6 business days.

          As an aside, it is interesting that you paid 28.80 for overnight delivery. I only paid 14.40 and the post office told me they take care of sending it overnight to the State Department (covered in the $30 fee). DKS had the same experience. I guess it depends from post office to post office.
          Actually i just talked to the agency again, the guy said he found my application, he said it's in process, they started working on it today, so, i should expect it by the week after next because it's being expedited! I submitted my application on monday august, 28th.

          Do you guys think it would take that long?!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Flydog
            We expedited two passports so far. In one case, it didn't show up on the tracking site until the day they shipped it back to us (about a week after we submitted it).

            If you phone the 800 number, you will actually talk to a voice who can find out what's happening.

            These guys aren't the USCIS -- they seem efficient.
            Originally posted by Sony2006
            Actually i just talked to the agency again, the guy said he found my application, he said it's in process, they started working on it today, so, i should expect it by the week after next because it's being expedited! I submitted my application on monday august, 28th.

            Do you guys think it would take that long?!
            I just checkt the online status again and it says :
            Thank you for submitting your passport application!

            Your passport application locator number is 136162939.

            When you applied, you requested Expedite Service and Routine Delivery of your passport. Passport Agencies use Priority Mail.

            This means you should receive your passport on or about 09/11/2006.

            that's really weird, I requested expedited service with overnight mail delivery both ways!! Is this message accurate?

            Comment


            • #7
              Sony

              i added your email(life-----ad55@yahoo.com) to my messanger list

              Comment


              • #8
                My online status change. Delivery by USPS by 9/11/06.
                4-21-06:Received NSC
                4-25-06:Check Cashed

                7-8-06: Inteview Letter Received
                8-14-06: Interview Date (Both myself and Spouse)

                8-14-06: Interview complete.
                8-15-06: Oath Letter Send
                8-30-06: Oath taken get the naturalization certificate
                8-30-06: Applied for passport, Expedited. (both & Child).
                9-8-06: Received passport for myself and spouse.
                9-20-06: Received passport for Child.
                2-7-07: Send N-600 for child
                2-13-07: Receive letter of reciept

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by wireless1
                  My online status change. Delivery by USPS by 9/11/06.
                  Here is My passport timeline :
                  Applied for passport expedited overnight both ways ($127 + $30 + $28.80) = $185.80

                  Applied on : 08/24/2006
                  Status appeard online on : 08/29/2006
                  Status changed on : 09/05/2006 to finished processing an on the way.
                  Passport Received on : 09/05/2006
                  I am happy on : 09/05/2006

                  It seems like the message gets updated on the same day you get the passport.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    do you need to sow confirmed airline ticket for expedited?

                    Is there a difference between expedited service and appiontment? I heard that for one of them you need ticket showing you are travelling abroad.

                    Can someone please clarify?

                    with regards
                    JP

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by johnpa2005
                      Is there a difference between expedited service and appiontment? I heard that for one of them you need ticket showing you are travelling abroad.

                      Can someone please clarify?

                      with regards
                      JP
                      Usually on the appointment, you can get the passport the same day, however, for this type of service, you would need to show a flight or any other travel ticket to show the reason for the urgency. On the other hand, you do NOT need a ticket of any kind if you are requesting the expedited service; after all you are paying more premiums to get this premium service; you get what you pay for and time is money lol

                      sony

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Got 2 passports in mail today 9/8/06.
                        child passport still not arrived.
                        4-21-06:Received NSC
                        4-25-06:Check Cashed

                        7-8-06: Inteview Letter Received
                        8-14-06: Interview Date (Both myself and Spouse)

                        8-14-06: Interview complete.
                        8-15-06: Oath Letter Send
                        8-30-06: Oath taken get the naturalization certificate
                        8-30-06: Applied for passport, Expedited. (both & Child).
                        9-8-06: Received passport for myself and spouse.
                        9-20-06: Received passport for Child.
                        2-7-07: Send N-600 for child
                        2-13-07: Receive letter of reciept

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          sony

                          I got my passport in my hand after 2 hours after i applied for it,i couldn't believe it,the only thing i have to show is a comfirmed schadulle for travel oversease within 14 days which you don't have to pay anything for it,there are only 7 agency can do that in the country,you just have to make appoiment over the phone,i paid only $97+$60 for expediet service,i did't want to take any chances to wait for it,i had enought stress to deal with them ,good luck for everyone

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by samn400
                            I got my passport in my hand after 2 hours after i applied for it,i couldn't believe it,the only thing i have to show is a comfirmed schadulle for travel oversease within 14 days which you don't have to pay anything for it,there are only 7 agency can do that in the country,you just have to make appoiment over the phone,i paid only $97+$60 for expediet service,i did't want to take any chances to wait for it,i had enought stress to deal with them ,good luck for everyone
                            that's good. Did you travel after that?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Does child passport takes more time to proccess. I gave them everything I think they needed. first the online status says its done and we will get it by 9/16. Now its saying still under proccess and they might send us a letter or call us.
                              4-21-06:Received NSC
                              4-25-06:Check Cashed

                              7-8-06: Inteview Letter Received
                              8-14-06: Interview Date (Both myself and Spouse)

                              8-14-06: Interview complete.
                              8-15-06: Oath Letter Send
                              8-30-06: Oath taken get the naturalization certificate
                              8-30-06: Applied for passport, Expedited. (both & Child).
                              9-8-06: Received passport for myself and spouse.
                              9-20-06: Received passport for Child.
                              2-7-07: Send N-600 for child
                              2-13-07: Receive letter of reciept

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                Originally posted by wireless1
                                Does child passport takes more time to proccess. I gave them everything I think they needed. first the online status says its done and we will get it by 9/16. Now its saying still under proccess and they might send us a letter or call us.
                                Relax, they might need some more information. I would suggest calling them. I am sure you will be able to get a peace of mind over the phone.

                                Comment


                                • #17
                                  Sony

                                  Yes ,i did travel,after i got my pasport i moved temporary to north africa for extended time to take care of some stuff,as i am changing my life style completelly

                                  Comment


                                  • #18
                                    Originally posted by samn400
                                    Yes ,i did travel,after i got my pasport i moved temporary to north africa for extended time to take care of some stuff,as i am changing my life style completelly
                                    Yaboy, haneyyalak ya 3am, kholost min elweleyyeh we akhadtel Jenseyyeh!

                                    Comment


                                    • #19
                                      Did anyone of you who got the passport in the last few days got the electronic, new US passport?

                                      It is depicted here:

                                      http://travel.state.gov/passport/eppt/epptnew_2807.html

                                      I'd rather wait for this one. Thanks.

                                      Comment


                                      • #20
                                        Originally posted by itc
                                        Did anyone of you who got the passport in the last few days got the electronic, new US passport?

                                        It is depicted here:

                                        http://travel.state.gov/passport/eppt/epptnew_2807.html

                                        I'd rather wait for this one. Thanks.
                                        I got mine 3 days ago and it was normal

                                        Comment

                                        Working...
                                        X