Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hotels/Inns near US consulate in Delhi!

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Hotels/Inns near US consulate in Delhi!

    Hi All,

    I will soon be going to Delhi to do DCF for my spouse. As i have never visited N.Delhi, I am looking at suggestions on Hotels/Inns to stay close to the U.S Consulate and that are not expensive.

    Thanks!
    Ums

  • #2
    Hi Ums

    You might need to just search on the net and then call each hotel...something I found:

    http://www.quickbooker.com/booking/h...sid=4&cityid=3

    Also this is what Rahul posted when he did his DCF:

    Posted By Rahul Kumar

    I stayed in a guesthouse in Haus Kaus, Delhi. You can find plenty of hotels in the vicinity. Pick one that suits your taste/budget
    I searched in Google for "new delhi guest houses" and found a lot of sites. Some mention that they house embassy people so maybe those are close to the Embassy...again, you should probably call them...

    Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer, my replies simply reflect my viewpoint. Please discuss with a good immigration lawyer for accurate information.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by ratrat
      Hi Ums

      You might need to just search on the net and then call each hotel...something I found:

      http://www.quickbooker.com/booking/h...sid=4&cityid=3

      Also this is what Rahul posted when he did his DCF:



      I searched in Google for "new delhi guest houses" and found a lot of sites. Some mention that they house embassy people so maybe those are close to the Embassy...again, you should probably call them...

      Thanks Ratrat.

      I have tried that but, as never been to delhi, don't know how far each hotel/guest house is from US consulate or how much time it will take to get to the US consulate. Was looking at pointers from folks who have already done this.

      Regards,
      ums

      Comment


      • #4
        The area called -'Chanakayapuri' where almost all the foreign embassies are located in New Delhi is a diplomatic area. And though there are MANY hotels, some are in kotis (bunglows) while others are five-stars, which are located right there, but it would definately cost you a fortune unless you can get a very good deal with them or if luck be your side. I assume that you are not going to stay there for a long period of time then it is better to stay in a hotel right there especially when you would be there for only a short stay as well as it won't be that much expensive to someone who earns money in US dollars. Hence, it should not be a problem for you to pay for a hotel right there for a short visit.

        If you are interested to find a hotel VERY close to US Embassy in New Delhi next to diplomatic area (Chanakayapuri) then I must tell you that there is no any hotel which you can say VERY close. The closet ones you can get in a place is called-Vasant Vihar and it would be in a kotis/bunglows. I used to live this place and my family still live there since they own a house there. However, I must tell you that it is also a VERY-VERY expensive place.

        If you are looking a hotel/motel under reasonable price than it is better for you to find it either in Cannaught Place or in South Extension-part-I. These places are not that close, but not that far either. South Extension is only 10 minutes away and Cannaught place is only 20 minutes away. Connaught place is a commercial area since all the businesses are there while South extension is a residential area. Both are posh areas. The advantage of living in Cannught place is- (1) you would have a choice to choose a hotel out of many since there so many hotels; (2) You can find a reasonable price for your stay over there, (3) since this area is a shopping mecca in New Delhi then you may also do some world-class shopping there while staying there which would cost you very less as compared to do the same shopping in US or other Western countries; (4) this place is also a tourist place. So obviously, you would have an opportunity to see around while staying there compared to staying other places; tourists (the white ones) especially females.

        Text deleted by admin, please provide only immigration related info in the forums
        Last edited by monica1; 20th April 2006, 11:54 AM.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by JohnnyCash
          The area called -'Chanakayapuri' where almost all the foreign embassies are located in New Delhi is a diplomatic area. And though there are MANY hotels, some are in kotis (bunglows) while others are five-stars, which are located right there, but it would definately cost you a fortune unless you can get a very good deal with them or if luck be your side. I assume that you are not going to stay there for a long period of time then it is better to stay in a hotel right there especially when you would be there for only a short stay as well as it won't be that much expensive to someone who earns money in US dollars. Hence, it should not be a problem for you to pay for a hotel right there for a short visit.

          If you are interested to find a hotel VERY close to US Embassy in New Delhi next to diplomatic area (Chanakayapuri) then I must tell you that there is no any hotel which you can say VERY close. The closet ones you can get in a place is called-Vasant Vihar and it would be in a kotis/bunglows. I used to live this place and my family still live there since they own a house there. However, I must tell you that it is also a VERY-VERY expensive place.

          If you are looking a hotel/motel under reasonable price than it is better for you to find it either in Cannaught Place or in South Extension-part-I. These places are not that close, but not that far either. South Extension is only 10 minutes away and Cannaught place is only 20 minutes away. Connaught place is a commercial area since all the businesses are there while South extension is a residential area. Both are posh areas. The advantage of living in Cannught place is- (1) you would have a choice to choose a hotel out of many since there so many hotels; (2) You can find a reasonable price for your stay over there, (3) since this area is a shopping mecca in New Delhi then you may also do some world-class shopping there while staying there which would cost you very less as compared to do the same shopping in US or other Western countries; (4) this place is also a tourist place. So obviously, you would have an opportunity to see around while staying there compared to staying other places; (5) since this place is a heart of New Delhi and a shopping mecca in a style of foreign countries then obviously you would find there so many European and North American tourists (the white ones) especially females. That said, if you are a "fun" loving person then you can easily find European and North American ladies out there for "Fun" very easily without paying anything to them since these ladies are VERY-VERY easy for having "fun" there especially on vacation. This place is also well-known for having "fun" with white ladies. Again, I'm not saying what you should do this "fun" kinda thing; instead I'm just giving you all the information so that you may know what kind of deal you can find in these particular areas especially when you would be a tourist there. Good Luck.
          JonnyCash,

          Thanks for the info. I gather south Extension -1 and Cannught place are two areas I can try to find budget hotels.

          I am most definitely not looking for any "fun" as you put it and am not sure why you mentioned it.


          ums

          Comment


          • #6
            ums

            First off, I don't know anything about you like whether you are a male or female; nor I know about the reasoning why you are going to New Delhi even though I know that mostly people from this site go to New Delhi just for immigration purpose for their spouse. The only reason for me to have mentioned about "fun" stuff in New Delhi is just so a tourist would know the whole package over there. Like I told you that I don't know whether you are a male or female. And even if you are a male, I don't know whether you are interested in those kind of stuffs, but again I mentioned about it because some people do find this kind of information useful.

            Just because you are not interested in this kind of information, doesn't mean others are not. For example, if I'm going to a place where I don't know about anything, and if someone would provide me whole information, I would appreciate. I mean-I'm single and I do like to have "fun". What's wrong in that? I'm not hurting anyone by having "fun". Am I? So what is wrong in having "fun"? Further, not necessary all what it is said over this site is relevant or useful to you. Besides, do not forget that this website is worldwide. So obviously, some people might find some information relevant to them. In addition, I did say in my above post about why did I mention about "fun" stuff. Good Luck.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by JohnnyCash
              First off, I don't know anything about you like whether you are a male or female; nor I know about the reasoning why you are going to New Delhi even though I know that mostly people from this site go to New Delhi just for immigration purpose for their spouse. The only reason for me to have mentioned about "fun" stuff in New Delhi is just so a tourist would know the whole package over there. Like I told you that I don't know whether you are a male or female. And even if you are a male, I don't know whether you are interested in those kind of stuffs, but again I mentioned about it because some people do find this kind of information useful.

              Just because you are not interested in this kind of information, doesn't mean others are not. For example, if I'm going to a place where I don't know about anything, and if someone would provide me whole information, I would appreciate. I mean-I'm single and I do like to have "fun". What's wrong in that? I'm not hurting anyone by having "fun". Am I? So what is wrong in having "fun"? Further, not necessary all what it is said over this site is relevant or useful to you. Besides, do not forget that this website is worldwide. So obviously, some people might find some information relevant to them. In addition, I did say in my above post about why did I mention about "fun" stuff. Good Luck.

              JC,

              I am going there with my newly married wife to file her immigration papers. So was taken aback but your suggestion.

              Thank you again for information about south extension -1 and connaught circle.

              regards

              Comment

              Working...
              X