Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

I-90 What is initial evidence and supporting document?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I-90 What is initial evidence and supporting document?

    Hi, I recently filed I-90 in order to extend my green card, however, I am confused by the process, they asked me to mail the initial evidence and supporting document, what are those? I looked at I-90 instructions and there is none, is it the copy of the green card? Please Help
    P.S. I didn't changed my name and already received my biometrics appointment.

    from the email :
    Our records show that you recently submitted to USCIS a form I-90, Application to Replace Permanent Resident Card, using the USCIS e-Filing System. USCIS has recently changed its process for the submission of I-90 supporting documentation.

    In order to follow the most recent USCIS process, please mail all initial evidence and supporting documentation for your I-90 application to the following address:

    National Benefits Center

    Attn: E-filed I-90 Application

    P O Box 648012

    Lee's Summit, MO 64002

  • #2
    If you are renewing your GC, the only document you should have submitted was the copy of your GC. However, take your actual GC for your biometrics appointment. There are other more complicated cases such as changing name or correcting an error that require some additional evidence. Also, if your GC is expiring shortly, you may want to bring the passport and ask them to put a "temporary evidence of permanent residence" stamp that is usually valid for 6 months (sometimes even a year).

    Comment


    • #3
      thx for the help
      what is the purpose of the stamp ? my card is going to expire in 5 1/2 months, is it short?

      Comment


      • #4
        oh, 1 more question, should I mail the copy of my green card and the confirmation receipt(pg 1)? or the whole thing (6 pages) and the copy of my green card?

        Comment


        • #5
          Don't mail anything in. I think you received an automatically generated email for all e-filers. I got the exact same email and just ignored it. I went to my biometric appointment in July and I just received my new card last week. They really need to fix the e-filing system because I was confused by it too. Here's what I received in the email:

          Dear USCIS e-Filing I-90 Applicant,

          Our records show that you recently submitted to USCIS a form I-90, Application to Replace Permanent Resident Card, using the USCIS e-Filing System. USCIS has recently changed its process for the submission of I-90 supporting documentation.

          In order to follow the most recent USCIS process, please mail all initial evidence and supporting documentation for your I-90 application to the following address:
          National Benefits Center
          Attn: E-filed I-90 Application
          P O Box 648012
          Lee's Summit, MO 64002

          If you have not done so already, please submit all supporting documentation as soon as possible to prevent delays in processing your application. Attach a copy of your e-Filing I-90 Confirmation Receipt as a cover page for the supporting documentation you are submitting.

          Please note that this change in process only affects your e-Filed I-90 application. If you have any other applications or petitions submitted to USCIS, please follow the instructions specific to the application or petition. These instructions are also available on the USCIS website, located at http : // www dot uscis dot gov (select "Electronic Filing", then "Form-Specific E-Filing Instructions", and then select the applicable form).

          Thank you,
          e-Filing Support Team

          Comment


          • #6
            Please help

            I filed I90 form for my mom online and i got the exact same email. So should i just ignore it, as i have no clue of what initial evidence they're talking about.
            Also, i received the receipt but it didnt have an appoitment date set up for the finger printing, is this supposed to be sent separately or are they waiting for me to submit initial evidence?

            I dont think i have anything to submit, we've always live in the same place and she has the same name etc, etc.

            Thanks

            Comment


            • #7
              Yes, just ignore it. I'm pretty sure it's just an automatically generated email that everyone gets if you apply online. You should be getting the biometrics appointment notice in the mail separately. I got my notice in about two weeks after I filed my I-90.

              Comment


              • #8
                Hi, All

                I need help. I filed I90 form for my mom online and the online application need to fill out the * Class of Admission*, what was that and where can I find it? Thanks

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by joyce7478 View Post
                  Hi, All

                  I need help. I filed I90 form for my mom online and the online application need to fill out the * Class of Admission*, what was that and where can I find it? Thanks
                  I had to make an appointment with the local immigration office to find out.
                  On my green card it turned out to be called "category".

                  hope this helps if you did not find out already

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Help needed !

                    Hi all,

                    I have 2 questions regarding e-fling I-90, and wonder anyone would be able to help:

                    1) I have recently filed my I-90 online for all my family. I have completed the online application form and received the confirmation receipts.However I don't seem to get the automatically generated email you mentioned? how long did it take you to get the above-mentioned email.

                    2) Another question is that (I just realised) my card is not expiring within 6 months, yet I have filed and paid the application already, will they reject my application then and if so will they return the fee at all?

                    Thanks you very much in advance for your help! hugely appreciated.

                    regards,
                    Carly

                    Originally posted by meowmix View Post
                    Don't mail anything in. I think you received an automatically generated email for all e-filers. I got the exact same email and just ignored it. I went to my biometric appointment in July and I just received my new card last week. They really need to fix the e-filing system because I was confused by it too. Here's what I received in the email:

                    Dear USCIS e-Filing I-90 Applicant,

                    Our records show that you recently submitted to USCIS a form I-90, Application to Replace Permanent Resident Card, using the USCIS e-Filing System. USCIS has recently changed its process for the submission of I-90 supporting documentation.

                    In order to follow the most recent USCIS process, please mail all initial evidence and supporting documentation for your I-90 application to the following address:
                    National Benefits Center
                    Attn: E-filed I-90 Application
                    P O Box 648012
                    Lee's Summit, MO 64002

                    If you have not done so already, please submit all supporting documentation as soon as possible to prevent delays in processing your application. Attach a copy of your e-Filing I-90 Confirmation Receipt as a cover page for the supporting documentation you are submitting.

                    Please note that this change in process only affects your e-Filed I-90 application. If you have any other applications or petitions submitted to USCIS, please follow the instructions specific to the application or petition. These instructions are also available on the USCIS website, located at http : // www dot uscis dot gov (select "Electronic Filing", then "Form-Specific E-Filing Instructions", and then select the applicable form).

                    Thank you,
                    e-Filing Support Team

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Hello,

                      I filed online application I-90 for renewal of Green card, however I did not receive any automatic email generated by USCIS. I do have the online confirmation. How long does it take to receive this email?
                      Regarding the supporting evidences that need to be mailed, should I just mail the copy of Green card and the copy of passport with the immigration visa? Some of the posts above mention that there is no requirement to mail any document, but carry it for Biometrics appointment. Is that true?

                      I would appreciate if someone who has recently filed I-90 can answer the above.

                      Thanks
                      Anoop

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I didnt receive the email either, but got the confirmation in the mail yesterday. They must have removed that email since it was confusing everyone. I did mail a copy of the green card to the Nebraska office.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Please help

                          I recently filled an i-90 online but wasnt able to print out the verification form at the end when i submitted the form. I also wasn sure what documentaion to send so i called them and the person that helped me wasnt much help! he told me to look at the instructions but they are useless. He told me that i have to send a copy of my Green card and a print out of a verification or sommething. im guessing it was the page i didnt print out. how do i get a hold of that page? he said i was suppose to recieve and email with the information but i only got one telling me thanks for making an account with e-filling. but it didn have the receipt number or anything. can someone please help? where can i get the print out needed???

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I-90 document and processing

                            Hi:

                            I e-filed I-90 form on May 13, 2011 and received an I-797 (Notice of Action) in about 2 weeks from INS Lincoln office. I am also very confused of what supporting documents, if any, are needed. I have not sent in anything and I have not heard anything from INS. Can anyone post your experience after I-90 is filed? Any document sent? How long to receive biometrics appointment?

                            Thanks a lot.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by larry88 View Post
                              Hi:

                              I e-filed I-90 form on May 13, 2011 and received an I-797 (Notice of Action) in about 2 weeks from INS Lincoln office. I am also very confused of what supporting documents, if any, are needed. I have not sent in anything and I have not heard anything from INS. Can anyone post your experience after I-90 is filed? Any document sent? How long to receive biometrics appointment?

                              Thanks a lot.
                              It may take several weeks to get biometrics appointment after you have received your first notification from the USCIS.So do not get too anxious about it, be patient. From the above posts, it is clear that applicants have not sent in any initial evidence or documentation. Ensure that you take the following when you go in for your biometrics test
                              • Biometrics appointment intimation notice
                              • Any one of these - Passport,photo identification issued by your country ,driver’s
                                license,military photo identification,photo identification card (state-issued ).

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                hello

                                Originally posted by aredkar View Post
                                Hello,

                                I filed online application I-90 for renewal of Green card, however I did not receive any automatic email generated by USCIS. I do have the online confirmation. How long does it take to receive this email?
                                Regarding the supporting evidences that need to be mailed, should I just mail the copy of Green card and the copy of passport with the immigration visa? Some of the posts above mention that there is no requirement to mail any document, but carry it for Biometrics appointment. Is that true?

                                I would appreciate if someone who has recently filed I-90 can answer the above.

                                Thanks
                                Anoop

                                hi i also renew my gc online and didnt get any message from them and also i didnt mail in any copy of my greencard will this delay the proccesing?

                                Comment


                                • #17
                                  e-filing greencard renewal..

                                  Hello,

                                  I filed online application I-90 for renewal of Green card, however I did not receive any automatic email generated by USCIS. I do have the online confirmation. How long does it take to receive this email?
                                  Regarding the supporting evidences that need to be mailed, should I just mail the copy of Green card and the copy of passport? Some of the posts above mention that there is no requirement to mail any document, but carry it for Biometrics appointment. Is that true?

                                  I would appreciate if someone who has recently filed I-90 can answer.

                                  Comment

                                  Working...
                                  X