X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US CItizenship and renouncing Pakistan CItizenship

I came to USA as a minor and because a US Citizen several years ago. I want to renounce my Pakistani Citizenship, and also submitted my Pakistan citizenship renunciation documents about a week ago. Anyone have any idea how long it takes for the Pakistani Embassy (Los Angeles) to process the renunciation. Would highly appreciate a response on this matter.

You do know that Pakistan allows dual citizenship right?
    *** El Cafe ***

N400 - NYC (Brooklyn)
    March 12 2010: Sent
    April 7 2010: FP done- walk-in
    August 3 2010: ID decision not made
    December 12 2010: Lawsuit filed under 8 USC 1447(b)
    March 31 2011: 31 Oath date
    April 1 2011: Passport applied, picked up!

Comment

Most likely it will take the same amount it does for NICOP/POC to be processed. Around 3-4 months. By the way, it is the Pakistani consulate in LA, not embassy. Embassy is in DC

Originally posted by bzfood View Post
      I came to USA as a minor and because a US Citizen several years ago. I want to renounce my Pakistani Citizenship, and also submitted my Pakistan citizenship renunciation documents about a week ago. Anyone have any idea how long it takes for the Pakistani Embassy (Los Angeles) to process the renunciation. Would highly appreciate a response on this matter.
      Regards,
      S K Ghori
      skg@vex.net
      http://www.vex.net/~skg/

**NOTE**
      I underwent the immigration process in both Canada and the US. I hold Pakistani, Canadian and US citizenship.

**DISCLAIMER**
      I am neither a lawyer nor an immigration consultant. My comments should NEVER be considered as legal or professional advice as they are not meant to be such.

Comment

Originally posted by cafeconleche View Post
        You do know that Pakistan allows dual citizenship right?
        Yes I am aware of the dual citizenship option but I have no need for it. My family is here in USA.

Comment

Originally posted by Triple Citizen View Post
          Most likely it will take the same amount it does for NICOP/POC to be processed. Around 3-4 months. By the way, it is the Pakistani consulate in LA, not embassy. Embassy is in DC
          Thank you. I appreciate your response

Comment

Last edited by Mombasa_guy; 30th May 2013, 06:48 PM.

Comment

That is the OP's personal decision. It may have nothing to do with loathing Pakistan. Yes I do admit it is very rare for Pakistanis to make an effort to renounce their citizenship. Since Pakistan allows its citizens to acquire other citizenships, Pakistanis really need to make no effort with regards to their Pakistani citizenship after naturalising elsewhere. A case of more the merrier I guess
              I have 50 plus Pakistan relatives who hold other citizenships, US, Canadian, British, Irish, New Zealand, etc. As far as I know, none of them renounced their Pakistani citzenship. I seriously doubt they have used their Pakistani passports since acquring their other citizenship

Originally posted by Mombasa_guy View Post
              excuse me for quietly laughing but why do you loathe your home country so?
              Regards,
              S K Ghori
              skg@vex.net
              http://www.vex.net/~skg/

**NOTE**
              I underwent the immigration process in both Canada and the US. I hold Pakistani, Canadian and US citizenship.

**DISCLAIMER**
              I am neither a lawyer nor an immigration consultant. My comments should NEVER be considered as legal or professional advice as they are not meant to be such.

Comment

Working...
              X